It’s time to come home for the holidays. Whether home means your own home, your family’s home, or your friend’s home, December is often a time to celebrate, and a time to travel.
We Want You to Travel Safely
As you navigate the crowded roads of Atlanta to go shopping, to go home, to go to a party, or simply to go about your daily activities, it is important to:
- Make sure your car is ready. Your brakes, headlights, windshield wipers, tires, and engine should be fully operational and ready for traffic and potential winter weather.
- Make sure you are ready. Never drive when you are drunk or drowsy.
- Know where you are going. GPS devices, and even old fashioned maps, may be useful, but they can also be distracting while driving.
- Leave yourself enough time and expect traffic. This may keep you from speeding or driving aggressively.
- Know your limits. Don’t travel in winter weather if you aren’t confident on icy or snowy roads. Don’t drive too far in one day.
- Keep your cell phone charged in case of an emergency. However, don’t use your cell phone while driving.
- Let others know your route and anticipated time of arrival. This can help others take action if you do not show up as expected.
- Make sure that luggage and gifts don’t obscure your views. You need to be able to see out of your car windows.
- Check the weather and traffic before you leave. This allows you to plan alternate routes or alternate travel plans, if necessary.
Additionally, it is important to always wear your seatbelt and make sure that all children in your car are buckled up in the right car seats.
Please help keep your family and friends safe this holiday season. Share this blog on Facebook or Twitter so that everyone can benefit from these tips.
We wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season.