Have you suffered injuries and vehicle damage in a car accident in Sandy Springs? You shouldn’t have to bear the financial consequences of a car accident caused by another driver. After a Sandy Springs car accident you need legal representation to demand accountability and justice.
Contact Kaufman Law for a free initial claim review to discuss your legal options with a knowledgeable Sandy Springs injury attorney.
Why Turn to Kaufman Law After a Car Crash?
After suffering severe injuries and property damage in a car accident in Sandy Springs, you may have a legal claim for compensation from the driver or another party at fault for the crash. Hiring the right personal injury lawyer can make a difference in your financial recovery. For over 45 years, car accident victims in Sandy Springs, Georgia, have turned to Kaufman Law for help because:
- Our attorneys have over a hundred years of combined legal experience, which we leverage to handle the most challenging accident cases.
- We have a reputation for success reflected by the millions of dollars we recover annually for clients and the over 400 positive reviews our clients have left us.
- Our firm treats every client with the care and respect they need and deserve, providing them with the guidance and support to feel confident throughout the recovery process.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Sandy Springs
Drivers and passengers in Sandy Springs can get into various types of crashes or collisions, including:
- Rear-end collisions, including red-light accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- Side-impact/T-bone collisions and other intersection accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Parking lot/garage accidents
- Single-vehicle crashes
- Multi-vehicle/pile-up car accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
- Rideshare accidents
Car accidents frequently occur due to the negligence or recklessness of one or more drivers involved in the crash. Common causes of car wrecks include:
- Speeding or traveling too fast for weather/traffic/road conditions
- Tailgating/following too closely
- Reckless driving, including excessive speeding or swerving through traffic
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Turning or changing lanes without checking mirrors or signaling
- Illegal turns or lane changes
- Improper passing
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy/fatigued driving
- Backing up without looking
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
What Injuries Can Occur in an Auto Accident?
Depending on the severity of a car crash, an auto accident victim can suffer various kinds of injuries, including:
- Severe lacerations and permanent scarring
- Abrasions (including road rash)
- Degloving injuries
- Broken bones
- Ligament sprains or tears
- Muscle/tendon strains or tears
- Nerve damage
- Herniated spinal disc injury
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ injuries/internal bleeding
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic amputation/dismemberment or limb loss
What Steps Should You Take After a Car Accident
If you’ve been in a car accident with a negligent driver, you can take steps to put yourself in a better position to pursue financial recovery. Things you can do to prepare for a car accident claim include:
- Follow your doctor’s recovery instructions, and remember to obtain copies of your treatment and rehabilitation medical records.
- Notify your car insurance company about the accident and confirm the coverage available under your insurance policy. Do not discuss your injuries or file a claim until you’ve had a chance to discuss your case with a lawyer.
- Request a copy of the police crash report if officers responded to the accident scene and wrote a report.
- Keep any bills, invoices, or receipts of expenses from the accident, such as vehicle repairs and medical treatment.
- Gather your pay stubs or income statements to calculate your lost wages if you miss time from work or suffer a reduction in your earnings due to your injuries.
Finally, contact an auto accident attorney with Kaufman Law as soon as possible after the crash to get help pursuing your legal rights to financial recovery for your injuries and losses.
What Evidence Do You Need for Your Car Accident Case?
Proving the other driver’s fault for a car crash may take various types of evidence. Examples of evidence that a car and truck accident lawyer might use in your claim include:
- Police crash reports and arrest/citation records
- Accident scene photos/videos
- Surveillance/traffic camera or dashcam footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Vehicle event data recorder (“black box”) logs
- Driver cell phone records
- Post-accident vehicle inspections
- Car repair/maintenance records
- Accident reconstruction expert reports and testimony
Compensation Available in a Car Accident Claim
A car accident claim can compensate you for ongoing and future financial and personal losses you suffer due to injuries or property damage. A car accident lawyer in Sandy Springs can help you pursue money for your:
- Car repair expenses or reimbursement of the value of your car if the accident totaled it
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation for your injuries, including hospital care, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, pain medications, and physical/occupational therapy
- Long-term disability care, including home health services or housekeeping assistance
- Lost wages/income from missed work or reduced earnings while on part-time/light duty
- Lost future earning capacity and employment benefits after becoming permanently disabled from your job and other kinds of work
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life due to disabilities or scarring/disfigurement
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Under Georgia’s statute of limitations for injury claims, you typically have two years to file a car accident lawsuit after getting hurt in a crash. However, if you get into an accident with a vehicle owned or operated by a government body, you may have less time to file. State law requires you to provide the government with written notice of your claim within 12 months of the crash, a timeline that applies to both state and county vehicles. City vehicles are subject to a six-month deadline, while federal vehicles have a two-year statute of limitations.
Certain things can pause, or “toll,” this deadline, but prompt action is important. Failure to file a timely notice or lawsuit may result in losing your right to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. For this reason, talk to a car wreck lawyer from Kaufman Law immediately after a crash to get help filing your car accident claims on time.
How Can a Sandy Springs Car Crash Attorney Help with Your Case?
Recovering from life-altering injuries sustained in a car accident can be stressful. You may have to undergo extensive medical treatment, fix or replace your car, and figure out how to pay your bills if you cannot work. When you turn to a motor vehicle accident attorney from Kaufman Law, you’ll benefit from a legal advocate who will work hard to take the stress of the recovery process off your shoulders. You can trust a Sandy Springs personal injury lawyer with our firm to handle all the details of your case, including:
- Securing all available evidence through an in-depth investigation of the crash
- Identifying potentially liable parties and evaluating your options for recovering compensation, such as applicable insurance coverage
- Documenting your injuries and calculating your ongoing and future expenses or losses
- Working with accident reconstruction, medical, vocational, and financial experts as necessary
- Handling communications and negotiations with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers
- Tirelessly pursuing maximum compensation, even if that means taking your case to court and trial to fight for a fair result for you
Contact Our Sandy Springs Car Accident Law Firm Today
After suffering injuries and property damage in a car crash with a negligent or reckless driver, you deserve to recover compensation for your losses. Contact Kaufman Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Sandy Springs GA car accident lawyer about pursuing financial recovery for your car repairs, medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. A car accident attorney serving Sandy Springs can help you build the strongest case possible.