When you’ve suffered injuries because of somebody else’s negligence or recklessness, you may have the right to obtain financial recovery for your ongoing and future losses. An experienced Lawrenceville GA personal injury lawyer can help make the claims process more manageable.
Contact Kaufman Law for a free initial case evaluation to learn how our Lawrenceville GA personal injury law firm can help you seek compensation for your medical treatment, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Pursuing a personal injury claim can quickly become a stressful experience. Hiring a Lawrenceville personal injury lawyer will ensure you don’t have to go through your recovery alone.
However, choosing the right counsel can make a difference in the outcome of your personal injury case and the financial compensation you secure. For over 45 years, injured accident victims in Lawrenceville have chosen the attorneys of Kaufman Law for legal advice and advocacy in personal injury claims because:
- Our legal team boasts over 100 years of combined legal experience. We have the knowledge and skill to handle even the most complex injury claims.
- We offer a free case review with a Lawrenceville injury attorney, with our intake team available to talk to you 24/7, 365 days a year. Our firm will take the time to understand your case and your needs to match you with the right attorney on our team.
- We treat everyone who comes to our firm for help with the compassion and respect they deserve. Our attorneys and staff offer guidance and support to help clients get their lives back on track after suffering devastating injuries.
- Our Lawrenceville GA injury law firm has a proven record of recovering millions of dollars annually in settlements and verdicts. Our commitment to excellent results has earned us hundreds of positive reviews from the clients we’ve helped.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At Kaufman Law, our experienced attorneys work tirelessly to advocate for the rights and interests of clients who have suffered physical harm because of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Negligent security
- Fires and explosions
- Amusement park accidents
- Toxic exposure
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator/escalator accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
Our firm also focuses on assisting accident victims who have sustained catastrophic injuries like spinal cord injuries, burns, and traumatic brain injuries. We also represent families in wrongful death cases, pursuing justice and financial relief from parties whose wrongful acts cause the deaths of innocent people. A Lawrenceville wrongful death lawyer with Kaufman Law can fight for the compensation and accountability you deserve.
A personal injury attorney in Lawrenceville GA can review your case and determine how to best handle your claim.
Typical Injuries That Occur in Accidents in Lawrenceville
Accidents in Lawrenceville can lead to various kinds of physical trauma. Our firm offers compassionate support to clients putting their lives back together after suffering devastating injuries such as:
- Severe lacerations and scarring
- Degloving injuries
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Muscle and tendon strains/tears
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Herniated spinal discs
- Internal organ injuries or internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Electrocution injuries
- Crush injuries
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Claim
When you file a personal injury claim against those responsible for your injuries and losses, you can obtain compensation for ongoing and future expenses that arise from your injuries. A personal injury lawyer near Lawrenceville can help you pursue money for:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital care, surgeries, medications, or physical/occupational therapy
- Long-term disability care, including home health services, housekeeping, or home renovations to install disability accommodations
- Lost wages/income due to missed work or reduced earnings in part-time/light-duty work because of injuries and temporary disabilities
- Lost future earning capacity and job benefits after becoming permanently disabled from your current employment or other kinds of work
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life caused by permanent disabilities or disfigurement/scarring
How Do You Prove Your Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on the circumstances of the accident that injured you, a Lawrenceville car accident attorney or Lawrenceville slip and fall attorney may use various kinds of evidence to prove your personal injury claim, such as:
- Accident scene photos/videos
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance video footage
- Police motor vehicle accident reports
- Accident/incident reports
- Maintenance/repair records
- Staffing records
- Medical records
- Vehicle event data recorder logs
- Cell phone records
- Accident reconstruction/engineering/medical expert reports and testimony
What Steps Should You Take After Getting Hurt in an Accident in Lawrenceville?
When you’ve suffered injuries in an accident or incident that occurred due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you can take steps to put yourself in a favorable position to pursue compensation by:
- Reporting the accident and your injuries to the appropriate authorities and parties
- Following your doctor’s treatment recommendations and recovery instructions
- Requesting copies of accident reports and medical records of your injury treatment and rehabilitation
- Keeping bills, invoices, and receipts to document your expenses
- Gathering your pay stubs/income statements to calculate your ongoing and future lost earnings
Finally, contact a Lawrenceville accident lawyer from Kaufman Law as soon as possible to start pursuing financial recovery and obtain the resources you need as soon as possible.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Case?
The Georgia statute of limitations usually requires you to file your personal injury lawsuit within two years of suffering an injury. You may have longer to file suit in limited circumstances.
However, if you have a personal injury claim against the state government, Georgia law requires you to file a written notice of your claim with the appropriate government departments within 12 months of an accident caused by a state agency or public employee that injured you.
Hiring a Lawrenceville truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after getting hurt can protect your legal rights by enabling you to file your personal injury claim on time. If you file a claim notice or lawsuit after the relevant deadlines expire, you may lose the opportunity to pursue your personal injury claim and recover compensation for your harm and loss.
How Can a Lawrenceville Accident Attorney Help You with Your Claim?
When you need to focus on your medical treatment and rehabilitation to heal from injuries suffered in an accident in Lawrenceville, let Kaufman Law help by handling the details of preparing and pursuing your claim. A Lawrenceville personal injury attorney from our firm will fight to obtain a full financial recovery for you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident or incident that caused your injuries and securing evidence to build your case
- Identifying liable parties and evaluating your options for pursuing compensation, such as insurance claims or lawsuits
- Documenting your injuries and losses, including working with medical, vocational, and financial experts to calculate your future anticipated expenses or losses
- Communicating with insurers and other parties on your behalf so you can devote your time and energy to your physical recovery
- Aggressively pursuing the best possible outcome for you, even if that means going to court and trial
Contact Our Lawrenceville, GA Personal Injury Law Firm Today
After getting hurt in an accident, turn to a Lawrenceville GA injury lawyer from Kaufman Law for help recovering compensation and holding those responsible for your injuries and losses accountable. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Lawrenceville accident attorney to discuss your legal options and learn more about the claims process.