After getting hurt in an accident caused by someone else, get the legal help you need to demand accountability and compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact Kaufman Law for a free initial claim evaluation to discuss your legal options with a knowledgeable, compassionate personal injury lawyer in Sandy Springs. Our intake team can talk with you 24/7/365 at no cost and match you with an attorney at our firm best prepared to assist you with recovering compensation and justice.
When you suffer harm and loss in an accident that was not your fault, hiring a Georgia personal injury attorney can give you the best chance at obtaining compensation and justice. Choosing the right lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your personal injury claim. For more than four decades, clients have turned to the legal team of Kaufman Law because:
- Our attorneys have a combined century-plus of legal experience, which enables us to handle even the most complex personal injury claims.
- We have a proven track record reflected in the awards our attorneys and firm have earned and the hundreds of positive reviews left by our past clients.
- We treat every client with the care and respect they deserve, giving their case the focus and effort needed to achieve the best possible results.
- Our legal team provides clients with the guidance and compassion they need to navigate the challenges of the injury recovery process and put their lives back on track.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At Kaufman Law, an injury attorney in Sandy Springs can help you pursue financial recovery after sustaining injuries due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
We also focus on representing clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries like spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries. Our firm also pursues accountability and justice for families of people who have died due to the negligence or recklessness of others in wrongful death claims.
Injuries That Occur in Accidents in Sandy Springs
A Sandy Springs personal injury attorney at Kaufman Law can help you secure the financial resources you need to heal and recover from injuries such as:
- Severe lacerations and permanent scarring
- Degloving injuries
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Muscle and tendon strains/tears
- Broken bones
- Puncture wounds
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Herniated spinal disc injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Facial injuries
- Vision/hearing loss
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputation/dismemberment or limb loss
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Claim
A personal injury claim can compensate you for financial and personal losses you suffer due to injuries caused by another party’s carelessness or fault. At Kaufman Law, our legal team will fight hard to secure a full financial recovery for your:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation, including hospitalization, surgeries, doctor/specialist appointments, pain management care, and physical/occupational therapy
- Long-term care for prolonged or permanent disabilities, including home health services, housekeeping, or disability accommodations
- Lost wages/income from missed time from work or reduced earnings in a modified duty position required by your medical restrictions
- Lost future earning capacity and job benefits after becoming permanently disabled from work
- Physical pain from injuries or medical treatment
- Emotional trauma and distress from the accident or your injuries/disabilities
- Lost enjoyment or quality of life due to permanent disabilities or scarring/disfigurement
How Do You Prove a Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on the circumstances that led to your injuries, you may need various types of evidence to prove another party’s fault in a personal injury claim, such as:
- Police motor vehicle accident reports
- Surveillance camera footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Accident scene photos/videos
- Maintenance/repair records
- Business records
- Medical records
- Accident reconstruction/engineering/medical expert reports and testimony
A personal injury claim usually requires showing that another party caused the injuries due to negligence or recklessness. Negligence occurs when a party breaches a legal duty of care they owe to another person and injures them. Recklessness occurs when a party knowingly disregards a substantial risk that their actions or omissions could severely injure another person.
What Steps Should You Take After Getting Hurt in an Accident in Sandy Springs?
When you’ve suffered injuries in an accident in Sandy Springs caused by somebody else’s negligence, you should remember to take steps to protect your rights and options to pursue compensation. Things you can do after an accident to prepare for your personal injury case include:
- Following your treatment plan and recovery instructions
- Obtaining copies of medical records of your injury treatment and rehabilitation
- Requesting copies of any accident/incident reports
- Notifying your insurance company after getting hurt in a motor vehicle accident
- Keeping any bills, invoices, or receipts of expenses you incur due to your injuries
- Finding copies of your pay stubs or income statements to calculate your lost income
Finally, contact a Sandy Springs personal injury attorney from Kaufman Law as soon as possible after suffering injuries in an accident to start pursuing your legal options for compensation for your harm and loss.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Case
The statute of limitations on injury claims in Georgia typically gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit against those responsible for your injuries and losses. However, when you have a personal injury claim against the state government, the law requires you to send written notice of your claim to the government within 12 months of an accident that injured you. You can best protect your interests by working with a Sandy Springs personal injury attorney from Kaufman Law as soon as possible after getting hurt in an accident. Our firm can help you file your claims within the applicable deadlines. Filing your claim or lawsuit after the deadline means you might lose your right to demand financial compensation for your harm and loss.
How Can a Sandy Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Help You with Your Claim?
Pursuing financial compensation from a negligent party or insurance company can become complex and time-consuming. A Sandy Springs personal injury lawyer from Kaufman Law can help as you work to recover from life-changing injuries by handling the details of your personal injury claims. While you focus on your medical treatment and rehabilitation, let our legal team:
- Thoroughly investigate your case to obtain evidence we can use to prove liability for your injuries and losses.
- Calculate your ongoing and future anticipated expenses to make sure we pursue full financial recovery in your case.
- Identify potentially liable parties and evaluate your options for obtaining compensation, such as insurance claims or lawsuits.
- Communicate with insurance adjusters and defense law firms on your behalf to take the stress of the legal process off your shoulders.
- Vigorously fight for maximum financial compensation, even when we must go to court and trial to advocate for your rights.
Contact Our Sandy Springs Law Firm Today
When you’ve suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve to recover compensation and justice for your harm and loss. Contact Kaufman Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss how our Sandy Springs legal services can help you obtain financial recovery for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.