If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Villa Rica caused by somebody else’s negligence or recklessness, get the legal help you need to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact Kaufman Law for a free initial case review to learn how a Villa Rica GA injury attorney will pursue financial recovery for your medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. With decades of legal experience, our attorneys can provide you with the dedicated advocacy you need to demand accountability for those responsible for the life-altering harm you’ve suffered.
Why Choose Our Villa Rica Law Firm?
Legal representation can help you obtain the financial resources you need to recover from injuries sustained in an accident in Villa Rica. Choosing the right personal injury attorney can make a difference in the claims process and the outcome of your case. For over four decades, accident victims in Villa Rica and throughout Georgia have turned to the legal team at Kaufman Law for legal help because:
- Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience, enabling us to advocate for clients’ rights in the most complex injury cases.
- We have a proven track record of obtaining success in our clients’ cases, recovering millions of dollars annually in settlements and verdicts. Our firm has received over four hundred positive reviews from clients, which reflect our dedication to client satisfaction.
- We handle all the hard work of your case and treat you with the respect and compassion you need and deserve.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
The Villa Rica GA law firm of Kaufman Law advocates for the rights and interests of clients who have suffered injuries and losses due to:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian/bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Negligent security
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
Our firm also represents clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to the fault of others, including burns, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. We also support families seeking accountability and justice for lost loved ones through wrongful death claims.
Typical Injuries That Occur in Accidents in Villa Rica
The legal team at Kaufman Law provides compassionate support to clients recovering from life-altering physical and emotional trauma suffered in accidents, such as:
- Severe lacerations and permanent scarring
- Electrocution injury
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Muscle and tendon strains/tears
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Herniated spinal discs
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Vision/hearing loss
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation/dismemberment or permanent disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Claim
A personal injury claim can provide you with the financial relief you need to recover from physical injuries and emotional trauma you suffer in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness. At Kaufman Law, our attorneys will work tirelessly to maximize the compensation you need for your:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation, including emergency care, surgeries, hospitalization, specialist appointments, pain management, and physical/occupational therapy
- Long-term disability care, including home health services, housekeeping, or home renovations to install disability accommodations
- Lost wages/income from missed work or reduced earning capacity after going on part-time/light duty due to medical restrictions
- Lost future earning potential and job benefits caused by permanent disability from work
- Physical pain and anguish
- Emotional distress from the accident and your injuries/disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life caused by permanent disabilities or scarring/disfigurement
What Evidence Do You Need to Prove a Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on the accident that injured you, your attorney might use various evidence to prove another party is at fault. Examples of evidence that might support a personal injury claim include:
- Police crash reports
- Accident scene photos/videos
- Surveillance camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Repair/maintenance records
- Staffing records
- Medical records
- Vehicle “black box” logs
- Trucking company records
- Cell phone logs
- Accident reconstruction/engineering/medical expert reports and testimony
What Steps Should You Take After Getting Hurt in an Accident in Villa Rica?
When you’ve gotten into an accident in Villa Rica caused by someone else, you can take action to protect your legal options to pursue financial recovery from the responsible party or parties. Steps to take after an accident to prepare for a personal injury case include:
- Seek medical attention and follow your doctor’s treatment plan and recovery instructions. Remember to obtain copies of medical records of your treatment and rehabilitation.
- Request copies of police accident reports and notify your auto insurance provider if you got hurt in a motor vehicle crash.
- Keep copies of bills, invoices, and receipts of expenses you incur due to the accident, such as medical treatment and repair/replacement of damaged property.
- Gather your pay stubs/income statements to calculate your lost wages if you need to take time off work during your recovery or experience reduced earnings.
Finally, contact a personal injury lawyer in Villa Rica GA from Kaufman Law to discuss your legal options for obtaining financial recovery and plan the next steps you can take to pursue accountability and justice from those responsible for the harm and loss you’ve suffered.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Case
Under the Georgia statute of limitations on personal injury claims, you typically have two years to file a lawsuit against the party or parties who caused your injuries. In limited circumstances, you may have more time to file suit under the statute of limitations. Villa Rica GA legal counsel can help you determine when to file your personal injury lawsuit. Furthermore, if you have a personal injury claim against the state government, the law requires you to provide the government with written notice of your claim within 12 months of getting hurt. Failing to file a timely claim or lawsuit may result in losing your rights to recover compensation. For this reason, contact the legal team at Kaufman Law as soon as possible after an accident to ensure you file your claims on time.
How Can a Villa Rica GA Injury Attorney Help You with Your Claim?
Pursuing financial recovery after getting hurt in an accident in Villa Rica can become complex and stressful, especially when at-fault parties and insurers deny responsibility for your injuries and losses. You deserve the freedom to focus your time and energy on your treatment and rehabilitation. A Villa Rica GA accident lawyer from Kaufman Law can support your recovery by handling the details of your personal injury claims. When you turn to our firm for help after an accident, you can expect us to fight for maximum financial recovery for you by:
- Investigating the circumstances leading to your injury to secure evidence and identify liable parties
- Evaluating your options for obtaining financial recovery
- Documenting your injuries and losses to determine what maximum financial compensation looks like in your case
- Vigorously negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers on your behalf
- Fighting to recover the financial resources you need to put your life back on track, even if that means taking your case to court and trial
Contact Kaufman Law Today to Discuss Your Legal Options
After you’ve suffered injuries caused by the negligence or fault of others, you deserve to seek financial recovery and justice for your harm and loss. Contact Kaufman Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal options with a knowledgeable Villa Rica, GA, accident lawyer.