If you or someone you love has suffered injury because of an incorrect or delayed diagnosis, you may potentially have a viable medical malpractice case. We encourage you to contact Kaufman Law, P.C. to schedule a free consultation with an Atlanta medical malpractice attorney
at our firm. During your consultation, we can assess your case and provide you with guidance on how to proceed.
Proving Medical Misdiagnosis
In order to successfully prove medical malpractice based on misdiagnosis, the following elements must be established:
- There existed a doctor-patient relationship
- The doctor failed to provide treatment in a reasonably competent manner
- The doctor’s negligence resulted in injury to the patient
A misdiagnosis can have devastating effects on a patient and could end up costing the patient his or her life, especially when it comes to serious conditions like heart attack, cancer, appendicitis, stroke, blood clots, and more.
How Does Misdiagnosis Occur?
Medical misdiagnosis can result from the following doctor errors:
- Failing to spend enough time with the patient
- Failing to pay close enough to the patient’s symptoms and complaints
- Failing to develop a full medical history of the patient
- Improperly performed tests or failure to order necessary tests
- Incorrectly interpreting test results
Not all doctor errors constitute medical malpractice. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney to determine whether you have a case.
Contact Our Atlanta Medical Misdiagnosis Lawyers for a Free Case Evaluation
Kaufman Law, P.C. has been Atlanta’s trusted injury law firm since 1977. Since then, we have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Wondering if you can afford a lawyer? When you choose our firm, there is no cost to you for our services unless we win your case – it’s that simple. With nothing to lose and potentially much to gain, call us today to learn how we may be able to help you.
Fill out an online case evaluation form to get started.