When you think about a typical office, you may be lead to believe that there is no potential for harm or injury for office workers. However, an office environment presents a unique set of potential injuries from other lines of work. Working virtually 100% indoors, in a seated position, talking on a phone, or using a computer, paves the way for some of the top injuries to develop. There are also a few injuries that an office worker could obtain just from simple mistakes that could happen anywhere. Even if you are an office worker, you are still entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if you have been injured on the job.
Here is a list of most common injuries in office work:
- Slip & Falls
- Electrical Shock from faulty electric cords
- Overexertion Injuries from lifting heavy objects, such as computers or chairs
- Back & Neck Pain from sitting in an office chair all day using a computer
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Arthritis in the hands and wrists from excessive typing
- Vision Strain
If you have endured an injury from working in your office, contact Kaufman Law to discuss your potential Georgia workers’ compensation claim.