As the summer season heats up, visits to amusement parks significantly increase. Unfortunately, visitors to these parks face a risk of injury following a slip and fall accident. These accidents can occur as a result of many different factors. The park owners themselves, however, have an obligation to try and prevent the accidents from occurring and to keep their visitors safe. As a result, victims of slip and fall injuries after an amusement park visit may be entitled to compensation from the park owner.
Owner Liability After an Amusement Park Slip and Fall Accident
Interested in learning more about amusement park owner liability for slip and fall accidents? The following are a few important facts:
- The amusement park owner invites visitors to spend their time and money on the premises.
- The amusement park owner has a duty to protect his visitors and keep them safe.
- The extent of that duty depends on the operations at the amusement park.
- For example, if the amusement park has alligators on the premises, the environment where the alligators are kept is clearly going to be wet. The amusement park owner has an obligation to make sure that the nearby sidewalks are kept dry in order to prevent slip and fall accidents. The same is true for water parks.
- Similarly, amusement parks that offer refreshment stands and restaurants have an obligation to keep food items and other substances off the floors that could cause visitors to slip and fall.
If you were injured after a slip and fall accident at an amusement park, we can help you.