Going Shopping On Black Friday? Follow These 7 Safety Tips
Black Friday is the traditional kick off to the holiday shopping season. Retailers lure shoppers away from Thanksgiving leftovers with promises of deep discounts and gifts with purchases. While you may save money with Black Friday bargains, it is also the most dangerous shopping day of the year. Perhaps it is the deep discounts on Black Friday that can cause normally well-behaved shoppers to behave violently.
Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers offer the following list of safety tips to help you avoid being a Black Friday injury victim:
- Bring your fully charged cell phone – If you are injured, you can’t count on other shoppers to respond to your calls for help.
- Make a plan – Your family should designate an outside meeting place where you will meet if a fight breaks out, you become separated or something goes wrong.
- Make staying safe a family priority – Remind family members that staying safe is more important than getting a good deal. You’re not saving money if you end up in the hospital.
- Pay attention when walking through the parking lot – The parking lots will be crowded and the drivers may be more concerned with getting a good parking spot and a good deal than watching for pedestrians.
- Don’t fight with other shoppers – You don’t want to come between the last Big Hugs Elmo and an obsessed grandmother. You may want that Elmo just as much, but is it worth risking injury and possible arrest?
- Pay attention to your purse or wallet – Thieves are happy to take advantage of distracted shoppers—it only takes a moment to be robbed.
- Don’t shop on Black Friday – You have two options: you can shop online or you can wait for another day. The same deals are often available on the store website. You may find even bigger discounts by waiting for Cyber Monday. When you shop online, check for the letters HTTPS in the URL and for the padlock icon in the browser bar. These signs indicate a secure site.
Stores are responsible for keeping shoppers safe, but if you are injured while Black Friday shopping in Atlanta, contact Kaufman Law. Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers will tell you if you have an injury claim.
- Georgia Workplace Injury Laws: What is Considered Catastrophic?
- (no title)
- How You Can Avoid a Dog Bite This Holiday Season
- Dressing to Stay Warm and Sade on Your Motorcycle This Winter
- What Is a Class Action Lawsuit?
- What Happens When You Get Your First Speeding Ticket?
- How Do Points on Your License Work in Georgia?
- What Is a No Zone in Driving?
- Treatment After a Dog Bite Injury
- 4 Reasons Dogs Typically Attack