Burn injuries can be some of the most painful injuries incurred. Serious burn injuries require years of medical care, and may even cause permanent disfigurement and a decreased quality of life. If you’ve been a victim of a burn injury in Marietta, the attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C. can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
What Are Common Causes of Burn Injuries?
According to the American Burn Association, there were almost half a million people who received medical treatment for burns in 2016. Approximately 40,000 needed hospitalization. More than 96% of those suffering a burn injury will survive, but burns are among the most painful injuries one can suffer, often requiring months of excruciating medical treatment to recover. Even after recovery, many burn scars last a lifetime and the injury itself often causes emotional stress.
Burn injuries can occur in a number of different ways. Some of the most common include:
- Thermal burns. Household accidents are generally the cause of thermal burns. The victim may have come into contact with scalding water, hot stove tops, curling/flat irons, or other heated objects.
- Chemical burns. Bleach, ammonia, and other household cleaners can all cause chemical burns when they come into contact with the skin. These burns vary in severity based on how strong the chemical was and how long it was in contact with the skin.
- Electrical burns. Household accidents may cause electrical accidents, but the most common source is in the workplace. Construction jobs are particularly dangerous for electrical burns.
- Radiation burns. This is the type of burn you may get from a bad sunburn, but tanning beds can also cause them, either from too much exposure or a poorly maintained bed. Additionally, X-rays or radiation therapy conducted improperly may cause radiation burns.
Compensation After a Marietta Burn Injury
Whether from a defective appliance, a failure to maintain proper workplace standards, or a careless tanning salon, when negligence causes an injury, victims must hold the negligent party accountable. When victims come forward demanding compensation, it protects others from suffering the same fate.
Victims of burn injuries may receive damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages due to missed time at work
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages if your injury was the result of reckless neglect
Contact the lawyers at Kaufman Law, P.C. for a free consultation. Our attorneys will hear your case and outline your options regarding compensation. We understand that you may be in a great deal of pain and so will even come to you at your home or in the hospital.
Victims of burn injuries deserve representation that will not back down to corporate lawyers and insurance companies. Take the time you need to heal and rely on a team of compassionate and experienced attorneys to fight for fair compensation for your burn injury.
Marietta Burn Injury Attorney
- Marietta Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Birth Injury Attorney
- Marietta Brain Injury Attorney
- Marietta Burn Injury Attorney
- Marietta Car Accident Attorney
- Marietta Dog Bite Attorney
- Marietta Lost Wages Attorney
- Marietta Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Marietta Product Liability Attorney
- Marietta Slip-and-Fall Accidents Attorney
- Marietta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Marietta Truck Accident Attorney
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Marietta
- Marietta Wrongful Death Attorney