As parents, the excitement and joy of a new baby can overshadow everything else. A few hours, days, or weeks after birth, however, an injury or illness in your child could surface and give you cause for alarm. While not all birth injuries stem from negligence, many do. If a doctor recently diagnosed your child with a birth injury or condition, come to Kaufman Law, P.C. for a cost-free case evaluation. Our Alpharetta birth injury lawyers can help you understand who might be liable for the injury, and how much a personal injury claim could be worth.
Birth Injuries and Medical Malpractice
Complications might be common during pregnancy and delivery, but this doesn’t excuse negligence or incompetence by medical professionals. The doctors, nurses, and surgeons in charge of your birthing process should fully prepare for any possible difficulty and react as reasonable and prudent healthcare providers would. Sadly, this isn’t always what happens. There are many ways a doctor or obstetrician can cause a birth injury, including:
- Failure to diagnose maternal or fetal health conditions
- Failure to monitor vital signs during childbirth
- Failure to react appropriately to foreseeable emergencies or complications
- Failure to recommend and perform a cesarean section
- Improper use of birth-assisting tools such as forceps
- Failure to use proper birthing procedures
- Surgical errors during cesarean section procedure
- Rough handling of the newborn, resulting in child injuries
- Failure to diagnose and treat conditions such as jaundice
Other parties can also put the mother and baby at risk during pregnancy, labor, and childbirth. For example, negligent hospital staff could fail to sanitize birthing tools, resulting in an infection. The hospital might not have replaced outdated equipment, resulting in equipment failure at a critical moment. A product manufacturer might have released a defective monitor, leading to a dangerous malfunction. The birth injury attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C. can investigate your case and get to the bottom of who or what caused the harm in question. Then, we can take legal action.
Why Engage in a Lawsuit After a Birth Injury?
Finding out your child has a broken bone, brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, facial paralysis, a spinal cord injury, fetal lacerations, or another birth injury can bring your world crashing down. At your darkest hour, however, know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. The team at Kaufman Law, P.C. fights hard for parents and injured infants, getting justice from negligent doctors, nurses, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and other parties. We are your source for high-quality legal representation in Alpharetta.
You might be eligible for compensation for the medical bills, physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish of both your child and yourself after a birth injury. A conversation with one of our experienced attorneys can help you learn what your claim might be worth. We’ve garnered six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for clients in the past and might be able to do the same for you. Our team wants you to understand your rights and explore potential legal actions in your future. We offer free initial consultations for just such a purpose in Alpharetta. Contact us online to schedule yours, or call (404) 998-4814.
Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Slip and Fall
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer