Have you recently suffered an injury in an accident and feel that someone else may be responsible? If so, the negligent party may be financially responsible for some or all of your injuries under Georgia civil law. Personal injury statutes give victims of negligence an important avenue of recourse following incidents in which someone else was legally responsible. A personal injury lawsuit in Johns Creek can provide compensation for any harm you suffered as a result, including medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, and loss in life quality. The attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C. have been representing injured residents of Johns Creek for over 40 years and are ready to go to work for you.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
Collecting full compensation for your injuries requires proof of four essential elements:
- The party responsible for your injury owed you a duty of care. We all have an implicit duty to exercise reasonable care around one another by obeying traffic laws and sharing the road with cyclists and pedestrians, and manufacturers and businesses have a duty to protect consumers from harm.
- They breached their duty of care. In legal terms, this is called “committing negligence.” The definition of negligence varies depending on the unique nature of your case.
- Their breach led to your injuries. If you suffered harm resulting from someone else’s negligence, you may be able to collect damages.
- You have experienced physical or financial suffering, commonly known as called “damages”. Examples of damages include medical bills, wage loss, suffering, mental anguish, or even loss of partnership (in the case of wrongful death).
Each personal injury case is different. Some, for example, may involve car accidents or crashes involving pedestrians. Others may result from defective products or medical malpractice. An attorney can help you determine if a breach occurred and help you recover the full extent of your damages.
Personal Injury in Johns Creek
Johns Creek is known as a peaceful town – in fact, USA Today ranked it the third best city to live in the U.S in 2017. Unfortunately, this fact doesn’t exclude this town from negligence or injury. Whether you sustained an injury on the job or suffered harm while using a defective product, the attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C. can help. We hold parties accountable for their negligence and work to secure victims the compensation they deserve for their pain, suffering, and other expenses.
Personal injury claims involve, more often than not, negotiating with insurance companies. We aggressively defend your right to reimbursement under Georgia law. To protect your future claim, we recommend the following after an accident:
- Seek appropriate medical care right away. Your first priority should always be your health and safety.
- Ask to file a police report. The law requires police to respond to the scene of an accident if there are any reported injuries; however, you might not be able to provide a statement if you’re en route to a hospital. As soon as you’re feeling better, ask to add your statement to the existing police report, as insurance companies use these to aid their investigations.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. The attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C. have been protecting Johns Creek personal injury victims for over four decades.
We offer a free initial consultation to our clients to provide an overview of your legal rights and options. To schedule yours today, contact us.
Tell Us About Your
Injury, We’re Here to
12 Beck St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318