Alpharetta might not be as busy as Atlanta, but it’s still in Georgia’s most populous county – the only county in the state with over one million residents. In Fulton County, 34 pedestrians died in traffic incidents in a single year. This was higher than the number of motorcyclist, speed-related, and alcohol-related fatalities the same year.
Walking around in Alpharetta’s downtown district can pose significant risks to pedestrians. Impatient, careless, and negligent drivers threaten the safety of pedestrians. If a vehicle struck you or a loved one in Fulton County, resulting in serious injuries, the lawyers at Kaufman Law, P.C. want to hear from you. You could be eligible for compensation.
FAQs About Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits
After a collision with a vehicle, it’s natural not to fully understand your rights or legal opportunities. We wouldn’t expect you to as a first-time victim. That’s where we come in to assist you. In our more than 40 years providing legal services in Georgia, we’ve answered almost every question there is about pedestrian accidents. We can help you explore your rights, quell your concerns, and get to the bottom of who is liable for your collision. Here are three of the most frequently asked questions we receive from Alpharetta clients:
- When do pedestrians have the right-of-way? As is the case in most cities, pedestrians do not automatically have the right-of-way in Alpharetta. Instead, pedestrians must wait to cross intersections and crosswalks until it is safe to do so or until the signal says to walk. However, it is a driver’s duty to yield the right-of-way to crossing pedestrians when applicable. Ignoring right-of-way, running red lights, and rolling through stop signs are common causes of pedestrian collisions.
- A driver hit me and ran. Now what? Hit-and-runs can be particularly frightening for victims, but there is hope. Our firm can launch an investigation into the collision to try to identify the driver or find another party at fault. For example, a malfunctioning crosswalk signal could lead to city liability. Your own insurer might also cover your damages if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Our team can help you explore your potential options for recovery even with no driver present.
- The driver is blaming me for the accident. Do I still have a case? Come to us for a free consultation, and we can answer this question for your specific claim, as each accident is different. However, know that Georgia is a modified comparative negligence state. This means that even if you contributed to the collision, you could still be eligible for compensation, as long as you were less than 50% at fault. Don’t assume you don’t have a case. Talk to us first.
As an injured pedestrian, you could be the victim of driver negligence. Our team has the experience, legal knowledge, and resources to take your claim where it needs to go in Alpharetta. Our aggressive litigators can negotiate with the driver’s insurance company to make sure you don’t accept a low-ball offer. We have trial experience if your case has to go to court for fair compensation. We know what we need to do to protect the rights of our clients, and we get it done. Talk to one of our attorneys in Alpharetta today. Call (404) 737-0347.
Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Slip and Fall
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer
Tell Us About Your
Injury, We’re Here to
12 Beck St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318