Though Interstate 75 makes commuting between Atlanta and Marietta easy, it’s also the scene of many traffic jams and trucking accidents. Most truck drivers are professionals who make safety a priority, but speeding traffic coupled with a lack of knowledge of the area can be a recipe for collisions – especially for truckers who are unfamiliar with the highways in Marietta.
If you’ve been the victim of a collision with a truck, you need a team of experienced Marietta trucking attorneys. The attorneys of Kaufman Law, P.C. know Georgia highway law and understand how to help you receive fair compensation from the at-fault party – be it the driver, the truck manufacturer, or the trucking company.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Statistics show a dramatic increase in the number of truck accidents in the past two decades, and Marietta is sadly no exception.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Speeding. The most common cause of car accidents is one of the most common reasons trucks are involved in a collision as well. This can include going over the legal speed limit or driving too fast for the road or weather conditions.
- Prescription or illegal drugs. Truck drivers have a responsibility to drive without impairment and should not be taking anything that could impede their reaction times.
- Failing to check blind spots in mirrors. Trucks have large areas not covered by the main mirrors. Though they likely know to check these blind spots, the combustion of area traffic may make this difficult.
- Driver fatigue. Often, the pressure to deliver a load on time can cause drivers to push beyond the maximum daily labor hours allowed by law.
- Neglecting proper truck maintenance. Trucks that travel tens of thousands of miles across the country require consistent, constant service and maintenance. When fleet owners fail to maintain their vehicles properly, their negligence can hurt innocent people.
- Distracted driving. The dangers of using a cell phone or texting while driving are well-known, but drivers can be distracted in other ways. Eating while driving, reading a map to navigate, listening to loud music, or even daydreaming can distract a driver, thereby causing an accident.
If a truck driver, the trucking company, or the truck manufacturer neglected the necessary steps to keep a truck safe, causing an accident, the result could be devastating. If you were hurt as a result of such a collision, consider discussing your case with an attorney. The negligent party may owe you compensation for your injuries.
Why Choose Kaufman Law, P.C. for a Marietta Trucking Accident?
Our attorneys have been fighting to protect our neighbors in Marietta, Georgia, and throughout Cobb County for more than 40 years. We have the experience to step in on your behalf against corporate lawyers and insurance companies who may try to take advantage of you by offering a low settlement – or no settlement at all. Before agreeing to an offer from an insurance company, discuss your case with the experienced team at Kaufman Law, P.C. We can make sure that insurance companies, negligent parties, and other attorneys treat you fairly throughout the process.
Marietta Truck Accident Attorney
- Marietta Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Birth Injury Attorney
- Marietta Brain Injury Attorney
- Marietta Burn Injury Attorney
- Marietta Car Accident Attorney
- Marietta Dog Bite Attorney
- Marietta Lost Wages Attorney
- Marietta Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Marietta Product Liability Attorney
- Marietta Slip-and-Fall Accidents Attorney
- Marietta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Marietta Truck Accident Attorney
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Marietta
- Marietta Wrongful Death Attorney