Marietta is home to some beautiful, historic buildings that often require consistent upkeep and care. If owners don’t take proper care of these structures to ensure they are safe for visitors, they may be a source of dangerous footing that may cause serious injuries. Slip-and-fall accidents are one of the most common injuries, and can be due to the negligence of property owners or managers.
There are many areas where slips and falls may happen. A broken sidewalk, an unattended spill in a grocery store, or a loose stair rail may all lead to serious injuries. If you are a victim of a slip-and-fall accident in Marietta and needed medical care as a result, discuss your options for recovery with the attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C.
When Is a Property Owner Responsible for a Slip-and-Fall Accident?
Not all falls are the fault of the property owner. Sometimes accidents just happen, and no one could have reasonably foreseen the accident. In some cases, however, slip-and-falls may occur because the property owner was negligent in taking reasonable measures to ensure the safety of people on their premises.
To show a property owner was negligent, you must show at least one of the following:
- The owner or an employee must have known about the danger but did nothing about the problem, or
- The owner or an employee knew or should have known there was a dangerous situation because a reasonable person would have noticed the problem and taken steps to ensure other’s safety.
What Should I Do After a Slip-and-Fall Accident?
Seek medical care immediately after a slip-and-fall accident. Even if you don’t feel like the fall hurt you, some symptoms may not surface until days later. Notify the property owner or an employee that you have fallen so he or she can take care to prevent someone else from getting hurt.
Next, consider documenting the incident. Take photographs of the scene where you fell. This is especially important if water, ice, or some other substance that may be quickly cleaned up caused your fall. These photographs will demonstrate the dangerous conditions that may have led to your fall and may be the only evidence that a problem existed. In addition, record the names and contact information of any witnesses who witnessed your fall. They can be invaluable for supporting your story of the dangerous conditions that led to your injury.
If you are suffering after a slip-and-fall incident, call for a free consultation with Kaufman Law, P.C. Slip-and-fall accidents often result in expensive medical bills and lost wages from missed time at work. Corporate attorneys and insurance companies fight hard to avoid paying out money in such cases, and without experienced help on your side, you may be responsible for paying medical bills that were the result of another’s negligence.
Marietta Slip-and-Fall Accidents Attorney
- Marietta Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Birth Injury Attorney
- Marietta Brain Injury Attorney
- Marietta Burn Injury Attorney
- Marietta Car Accident Attorney
- Marietta Dog Bite Attorney
- Marietta Lost Wages Attorney
- Marietta Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Marietta Product Liability Attorney
- Marietta Slip-and-Fall Accidents Attorney
- Marietta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Marietta Truck Accident Attorney
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Marietta
- Marietta Wrongful Death Attorney