Car accidents are a leading cause of injuries in Marietta, Georgia. According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, motor vehicle crashes ranked as the second-leading cause of injury deaths and hospitalizations in 2020.
Fortunately, when these accidents are the result of someone else’s negligence, you can usually recover compensation for your accident-related losses. These losses often include medical expenses, lost income, lost quality of life, and pain and suffering. Working with an experienced Marietta car accident attorney from the start can help you get the settlement or award you deserve. Do not wait another moment to start taking the steps you need to get justice in your case.
The lawyers at Kaufman Law have over 45 years of experience fighting for the rights of the injured. We have the skills and knowledge to get insurance companies to pay out, and we are not afraid to take cases to trial if our clients do not receive fair settlement offers.
Contact our office today for a free case evaluation. We will take the time to discuss your entire case and outline what you can do.
If you have been in a car accident recently, you are probably wondering if you can obtain compensation for your injuries and other damages. The answer to this question hinges upon whether your crash was caused by someone else’s negligence.
Negligence occurs when someone fails to act with the degree of care that would be expected of a reasonable person in similar circumstances. In other words, negligence happens when someone is more careless than we should expect them to be.
There are many different ways that driver negligence can lead to car accidents. Some common examples include:
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Driving without headlights at night or in bad weather
- Failing to properly maintain their vehicle
In addition to driver negligence, vehicle defects and road defects can also cause car accidents. If either of these conditions caused your accident, you may be able to file a legal claim against the party responsible.
If you have been in a car accident, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. They can help you determine if you have a case and can guide you through the legal process.
Determining the value of a car accident claim can be a complicated process, as it depends on various factors. The most important of these usually include the seriousness of your injuries,medical expenses, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and liability.
More Serious Injuries Tend to Result in More Compensation
The extent of your injuries significantly impacts the value of your claim. Severe injuries that result in long-term disability, extensive medical treatment, or permanent impairment typically lead to higher compensation amounts. These injuries may include fractures, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other life-altering conditions. However, even cases involving less severe injuries can still result in significant compensation.
Medical bills, including hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation, prescription medications, and ongoing treatment costs, play a crucial role in determining your compensation. Therefore, it’s essential to save all documentation regarding your medical treatment and actively participate in your treatment plan.
If the car accident forced you to miss work or caused a long-term disability that affects your ability to earn a living, you may be entitled to compensation for lost income and future earning capacity. Calculating lost income can be complex, and an experienced attorney can help ensure all relevant factors are considered.
The damage to your vehicle and personal belongings can be a significant factor in the amount of compensation you receive. This is especially true in cases where your car is totaled, meaning that the cost of repairing it is more than the value of the vehicle.
Compensation for pain and suffering accounts for the physical and emotional distress you’ve endured due to your accident. This includes physical pain, emotional trauma, anxiety, depression, and any decrease in your overall quality of life. While these damages can be challenging to quantify, they are an essential component of many car accident claims.
Determining who was at fault for the accident is crucial. Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence system, which means that if you are partially responsible for the accident, your compensation may be reduced accordingly. In fact, if it can be shown that you were equally at fault for your accident as their client, you may not receive any compensation at all. An experienced attorney can help establish liability and fight for your fair share of compensation.
Many accident victims wonder if they need to hire an attorney, especially when the other party admits fault and offers to pay. After all, it may seem like the easiest course of action to simply accept a settlement and move on. However, it’s crucial to remember that insurance companies are not on your side. Their goal is to pay out as little as possible on every claim.
Even if they do not deny your claim, insurance companies will actively try to settle your case for the lowest amount possible. They may use tactics such as:
- Making a settlement offer before you can determine the true value of your case
- Starting with a low first offer to make subsequent offers look better
- Misrepresenting your legal rights
- Discouraging you from speaking with an attorney
- Waiting until your bills pile up before making an offer
Insurance companies are experts at getting victims to settle for less than they deserve. The best way to protect your rights is to hire an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible.
An attorney can:
- Communicate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Prevent the insurance company from pressuring you into accepting a low settlement offer
- Put the insurance company on notice that you are serious about getting fair compensation
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if the insurance company refuses to make a fair settlement offer
Do not let the insurance company take advantage of you. Hire an experienced car accident attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a car accident, do not wait to get legal help. At Kaufman Law, our experienced car accident attorneys are committed to fighting for the rights of victims like you.
We have over 45 years of experience and have secured millions of dollars in compensation for those harmed by the negligence of others. Our team of lawyers is committed to helping injury victims in Georgia, and we work tirelessly to help people recover compensation for all of their losses. Contact us today for a free case evaluation with a car accident lawyer in Marietta. We will review your case and advise you regarding your legal options.
Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Birth Injury Attorney
- Marietta Brain Injury Attorney
- Marietta Burn Injury Attorney
- Marietta Car Accident Attorney
- Marietta Dog Bite Attorney
- Marietta Lost Wages Attorney
- Marietta Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Marietta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Marietta Product Liability Attorney
- Marietta Slip-and-Fall Accidents Attorney
- Marietta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Marietta Truck Accident Attorney
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Marietta
- Marietta Wrongful Death Attorney
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Sandy Springs GA
- Car Accident Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- McDonough GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Gainesville
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- Personal Injury Lawyer Sandy Springs GA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Villa Rica, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrenceville, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in McDonough, Georgia
- McDonough, Georgia, Personal Injury Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Gainesville, Ga
- Douglasville Car Accident
- Dawsonville Car Accident
- Covington Car Accident
- Douglasville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Car Accident
- Cartersville Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- College Park Car Accident
- Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Car Accident Lawyers
- Athens Car Accident Lawyers
- Villa-Rica Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
- Sandy-Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverdale GA Injury Attorney
- McDonough Personal Injury Attorney
- Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney
- Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dunwoody Personal Injury Attorney
- Gainesville GA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer
- Marietta Personal Injury Attorney
- Johns-Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
- Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cumming Personal Injury Attorney
- Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer
- College-Park Personal Injury Attorney
- Cartersville GA Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Lawyer
- Acworth Personal Injury Attorney
- Athens Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Roswell Car Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Roswell Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer