Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident in Atlanta?
Whether you were stopped at a traffic light and hit from behind, injured in a T-bone accident, or wrecked by a tractor-trailer, it is important to make sure you are compensated for your injuries. At Kaufman Law, P.C., we believe you should not be left to bear the burden of an accident alone; you deserve to be fully compensated for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other accident-related damages.
We handle all types of motor vehicle accident claims, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Lyft and Uber accidents
We have been at this for more than 45 years and possess the skills and resources needed to take on the insurance companies and win.
Factors That Contribute to Motor Vehicle Accidents
The ultimate cause of most motor vehicle accidents is some form of negligence. Examples of negligence include:
- Following too closely
- Making abrupt lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Overloading a vehicle or trailer
Seeking Compensation After a Motor Vehicle Accident
If you are the victim of a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. It’s crucial to understand the full extent of your losses in order to obtain the level of compensation you deserve, such as:
- Medical expenses: may include ambulance rides, medications, hospital stays, and doctor visits. It is important to keep all receipts relating to the accident in order to come up with an accurate total that can be itemized.
- Damage to your vehicle: If the car is deemed “totaled,” you should be entitled to receive the full value for the car. If the car is fixable, you should be entitled to the full cost to fix the car plus the cost of a rental while your car is being repaired. Even after repair, many claims allow you to recover for the diminished value of your damaged car, since it is no longer worth as much once it has been involved in an accident.
- Lost income and wages: Most victims depend on their ability to go to work and earn a living in order to support themselves and their families. Any time missed from work should therefore be compensated.
Now is the time to take action to get the compensation you deserve. Contact our experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys to schedule your free consultation.