A spinal cord injury describes any type of damage to the spine. The spine is a sensitive part of the body that’s responsible for carrying messages from the brain to the body. Spine injuries can interrupt this messaging system forever, leading to permanent loss of movement and sensation below the point of injury.
At Kaufman Law, P.C., we’ve seen many examples of negligence cause catastrophic spinal cord injuries. Defective products, distracted drivers, careless employers, negligent property owners, and criminals can all cause this serious type of injury. For help with a lawsuit regarding a spine injury in Alpharetta, come to our local law firm.
About Spine Injury Lawsuits in Alpharetta
Although every spinal cord injury claim is unique, the basic legal process in Alpharetta remains the same. Knowing what to expect during your claims process can help you stay prepared for what might lie ahead. Throughout the entire process, an attorney from Kaufman Law, P.C. will be available to keep you updated on any developments in your case. In the meantime, here’s a basic idea of what happens during spine-related lawsuits:
- You or your lawyer gathers information about your accident. Before you can prove negligence or assign fault, you need to know as much as possible about your accident. Our lawyers can help you collect evidence such as medical records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and expert testimony to help support your claim.
- You pursue damages from the at-fault party or parties. In Georgia, you have two years from the date of your injury to bring a claim. You will need to file an official claim with the correct Fulton County courthouse depending on how much it’s worth. Upon serving the claim, the defendant will have around 45 days to file a response.
- You fight for fair compensation. At this point, the defendant will either offer a settlement or deny the claim. Either way, our lawyers can help. We excel at aggressively negotiating settlements so that our clients get the most for their spine injury claims. If we need to go to court to win the case, we’ll use more than 40 years of trial experience to do so.
Spine injury lawsuits are more delicate than other types of claims. While an injury such as a broken bone will have a timeline for healing and recovery, spine injuries are typically permanent. If you suffer from partial or full paralysis, your suit could involve damages such as lifelong medical bills, home/vehicle modifications, live-in care, emotional suffering, and lost quality of life. In Georgia, there are currently no caps on pain and suffering or other damages an accident victim can receive.
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
As someone living with a spinal cord injury, you’re not alone. You might have suffered one of the most severe injuries possible, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a bright future. The financial compensation you could receive with help from our attorneys can safeguard your future and even compensate family members who help you with your disability. Let our experienced attorneys fight for the compensation you deserve. Call (404) 998-4814 or get in touch online today to learn how we might be able to help you.
Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Slip and Fall
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer