If you are in a Lyft accident in the Atlanta area, you might be able to recover damages for any injuries you suffered. Kaufman Law, P.C., has the attorneys with the experience necessary to pursue a case against a ridesharing service and other parties who might be liable for your damages.
Lyft has increased in popularity in many major cities across the United States, including Atlanta and its surrounding areas. Thousands of residents, tourists, and workers use ridesharing services like Lyft every day to get where they need to go. While these services can be a great convenience, if there’s an accident, you need to know your next steps.
I’m Involved in a Lyft Accident. Now What?
If you are involved in a Lyft accident, you should follow these steps:
- Go to the emergency room. In the case of serious injury, seek medical help after a Lyft accident. Minor injuries still need checking because car accident injuries are often more severe than a person realizes. Keep any records of procedures and expenses.
- Report the accident. Georgia law requires parties involved in car accidents with injuries file a report. Be sure to keep record of the police report, and you should feel free to call the authorities on your own.
- Contact Lyft. You can report the accident to Lyft directly through the app. Be sure to document your initial claim and any responses from the company.
- Contact an attorney. Any good attorney will tell you that if you are in a car accident involving Lyft, you should contact an attorney. Kaufman Law, P.C., attorneys have the experience to help you recover from your losses after an accident with Lyft.
Recovering Money After a Lyft Accident
Victims of Lyft accidents have the right to seek compensation for injuries. This means a person can recover money for:
- Hospital expenses
- Rehab treatment costs
- Wrongful death lawsuits
- Loss of income or earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Related medications or other medical expenses
- Loss of life/enjoyment
- Punitive damages
Compensation After a Lyft Accident
Since Lyft driver must carry $1 million or more in commercial insurance, recovering compensation for damages or financial loss is a possibility. Many successful ridesharing accident lawsuits have seen high payouts. In an accident insurance claim involving Lyft, many parties are involved. This can include Lyft, Lyft’s insurance company, the victim, the victim’s insurance company, other drivers involved, and other driver’ insurance companies.
Before a claim goes to trial, Lyft may try to settle out of court. Settlement amounts typically consider a victim’s medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. Settlements are typically lower than a successful ridesharing accident trial, however. Talk to our team before you accept a settlement. We can ensure the company is treating you fairly.
Proving Fault in a Lyft Accident
Negligence is the basis for most lawsuits, and ridesharing accident injuries are no different. Proving the Lyft driver’s negligence and breach of contract is essential to a successful trial.
Gathering evidence that the driver failed in his or her legal duty to protect you will help. Explaining how the driver showed negligence through testimony is another way to lead to compensation. Finally, providing evidence of medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more will help a judge quantify your losses.
If you are involved in a Lyft accident in Atlanta, call Kaufman Law, P.C., at (404) 355-4000, and speak to one of our experienced attorneys for a free consultation. We understand how difficult it is to negotiate with large businesses, especially if you are recovering. Let us help you with your Lyft accident case.