A truck rollover occurs when a large truck tips over onto its side or roof as a result of colliding with an external object – such as a curb, debris, or another vehicle – or destabilization caused by unsafe maneuvers or driving at excessive speeds.
If you were injured in a truck accident, it is important to act quickly. Georgia law allows victims to pursue claims against negligent parties; however, time limitations are involved. We encourage you to contact an Atlanta truck accident attorney today for a free consultation.
You may be entitled to compensation for your losses:
- Past and future loss of income
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering / mental anguish
- All property damage expenses
Contact an Atlanta personal injury lawyer at Kaufman Law, P.C. today to discuss your options. Initial consultations are free: (404) 236-6226.
Factors That Contribute to Truck Rollover Accidents
Anyone who has traveled the roads in Atlanta has come across a tractor-trailer at one point or another. Unfortunately, these massive vehicles present a real danger to other motorists. This is especially true when the truck rolls over. There are certain factors that can increase the risk that this type of accident may occur.
- Uneven roadways – When the roads are uneven, it is easier for a truck to be thrown off balance. Uneven roadways can also make it more difficult for a truck driver to correct the vehicle in time to prevent a rollover accident.
- Improperlyloading the truck – All cargo must be secured properly. When a truck is not properly loaded, momentum is added each time the truck sways. This added momentum makes it more difficult to recover and not roll over.
- A high center of gravity – The size and shape of a truck makes it more likely to roll over. Large trucks weigh far more than most other vehicles and, therefore, truck drivers have far less ability to react in time to prevent an accident.
- Under-filled tanks – It is important for vehicles that transport liquid to be filled to the recommended capacity. Otherwise, the liquid within the tank can act as a giant wave, throwing water around with a substantial amount of force.
Factors That Determine the Stability of a Large Truck
A truck’s stability is crucial to the safety of the driver and other motorists because an unstable truck is more likely to be involved in an accident. Crashes involving large trucks often result in significant injuries and substantial property damage.
The following are three factors that impact a truck’s overall stability:
- The height of the truck’s center of gravity above the ground
- Whether the load in the truck is centered across its width
- Whether the load is balanced correctly along its length
When the truck’s cargo is not centered across its width, stability will be jeopardized. Similarly, when the load is not balanced correctly across its width, wheel-locking during breaking can occur. This can cause the vehicle to lose steering control.
Representing Accident Victims in Atlanta Since 1977
Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Kaufman Law, P.C. have been representing truck accident victims throughout Georgia since 1977. In that time, we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. If you would like to find out how we can assist you, contact our firm today.
Contact our firm 24/7 to arrange your free, no-obligation consultation with an Atlanta truck accident attorney.
Tell Us About Your
Injury, We’re Here to
12 Beck St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318