Car accidents are a significant cause of injuries in Johns Creek, Georgia. According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, these incidents are among the leading causes of injury-related hospitalizations and deaths.
Often, car accidents are due to someone else’s negligence, and victims are entitled to compensation for their losses, including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. At Kaufman Law, with over 45 years of experience in personal injury law, we are committed to helping accident victims in Johns Creek during these challenging times.
Our auto accident attorneys have a deep understanding of Georgia’s traffic and personal injury laws. We have successfully negotiated with insurance companies to secure millions of dollars in settlements for our clients injured in motor vehicle accidents, and we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. Our goal is to make sure that you receive the full compensation you are entitled to for your accident-related losses.
If you’ve experienced a car accident in Johns Creek, you are likely wondering about your right to compensation. The first step in this process is establishing that the crash resulted from another party’s negligence.
Negligence can take many forms on the road. Common examples include speeding, where a driver exceeds the designated speed limit, creating a higher risk of accidents. Distracted driving, such as using a phone or other distractions while behind the wheel, is another frequent cause of accidents. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly impairs a driver’s judgment and reaction times, leading to negligent driving behavior. Alcohol impairment was a factor in 30% of deadly traffic fatalities in Georgia in 2021.
However, car accidents in Johns Creek can also stem from factors beyond driver behavior. Vehicle defects, which might include malfunctioning brakes or faulty airbags, can lead to serious accidents. These defects often point to negligence on the part of the manufacturer.
Similarly, accidents caused by poorly maintained roads, such as those with large potholes or unclear signage, can sometimes be attributed to the negligence of the government body responsible for road maintenance.
At Kaufman Law, our Fulton County accident lawyers assess all these aspects to determine negligence in your car accident. Our team has 100+ years of combined experience in Georgia’s traffic and personal injury laws, providing us with the skills to successfully resolve these cases. Our car crash lawyers commit to thoroughly investigating your accident, gathering necessary evidence, and advocating on your behalf. Our approach includes collecting police reports and witness statements and, if needed, using accident reconstruction experts to build a strong case for you.
The value of a car accident claim depends on several factors, including the severity of injuries, medical costs, lost income, property damage, and the extent of liability. More serious injuries generally result in higher compensation, and the total cost of medical treatment significantly influences the claim value. If your ability to work has been affected, you may also be compensated for lost income and future earnings.
The severity of your injuries plays a large role in determining the value of your claim. More serious injuries like fractures, head traumas, or spinal injuries often require extensive medical treatment and can lead to long-term disabilities. At Kaufman Law, we document the full extent of your injuries, collaborating with medical professionals to ensure that every aspect of your injury is accounted for, from immediate medical needs to potential long-term care and rehabilitation costs.
The total cost of medical treatment is a significant component of your claim. This includes expenses for emergency care, surgeries, hospital stays, physical therapy, medications, and any future medical treatments related to the accident. Our car accident attorneys at Kaufman Law ensure that all medical costs are comprehensively calculated and substantiated with detailed documentation, helping you recover these expenses fully.
If your injuries have impacted your ability to work, either temporarily or permanently, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and future earning capacity. At our law firm, we use detailed financial analysis to calculate lost income, including factors like lost wages, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement that you may have missed due to the accident.
Compensation for property damage, primarily damage to your vehicle, is another aspect of your claim. Our experienced attorneys assess the extent of property damage and works to ensure you receive adequate compensation for repairs or replacement, as well as compensation for any personal belongings damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages like pain and suffering account for the physical discomfort and emotional distress caused by the accident. Although these damages are more challenging to quantify, our experienced attorneys at Kaufman Law articulate and justify these claims, ensuring that your physical and emotional ordeal is fully recognized and compensated.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Johns Creek, Georgia, you might wonder if you need a lawyer. Here are several reasons why having an experienced car accident attorney, like those at Kaufman Law, is necessary:
Insurance companies often aim to settle claims quickly and for as little as possible. An attorney can negotiate with these companies on your behalf, ensuring you don’t accept a lowball offer.
The legal aspects of a car accident claim can be complex and drawn out. A lawyer can guide you through this process, providing clarity and understanding.
Attorneys conduct thorough investigations to collect evidence that supports your claim. This includes gathering police reports, medical records, and witness statements.
Determining the value of your claim involves assessing different types of damages, both economic and non-economic. A lawyer is best suited to calculate these damages accurately and comprehensively.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, your attorney will be prepared to represent you in court.
Lawyers often collaborate with medical experts and accident reconstruction specialists to strengthen your case. Having these connections adds another layer of credibility to your car accident claim.
There are time limits for filing a car accident claim. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim is two years for injured victims, as set by Georgia Code section 9-3-33. This two-year period applies to most personal injury claims arising from car accidents in the state. It’s important to note that this timeframe is based on the date of the accident. However, for claims involving vehicle damage specifically, the statute of limitations extends to four years, recognizing these as distinct types of claims. An attorney ensures that all necessary paperwork is filed within these deadlines.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Johns Creek, GA, don’t hesitate to a case review. Our team at Kaufman Law is here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today for a free case evaluation, and let us guide you through your legal options to secure the justice and compensation you deserve.
Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Johns Creek Car Accident Lawyer
- Johns Creek Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Johns Creek Product Liability Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Johns Creek Wrongful Death Attorney
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Sandy Springs GA
- Car Accident Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- McDonough GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Gainesville
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- Personal Injury Lawyer Sandy Springs GA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Villa Rica, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrenceville, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in McDonough, Georgia
- McDonough, Georgia, Personal Injury Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Gainesville, Ga
- Douglasville Car Accident
- Dawsonville Car Accident
- Covington Car Accident
- Douglasville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Car Accident
- Cartersville Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- College Park Car Accident
- Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Athens Car Accident Lawyers
- Villa-Rica Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
- Sandy-Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverdale GA Injury Attorney
- McDonough Personal Injury Attorney
- Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney
- Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dunwoody Personal Injury Attorney
- Gainesville GA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer
- Marietta Personal Injury Attorney
- Johns-Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
- Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cumming Personal Injury Attorney
- Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer
- College-Park Personal Injury Attorney
- Cartersville GA Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Lawyer
- Acworth Personal Injury Attorney
- Athens Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Roswell Car Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Roswell Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer