Have you been hurt in a car accident in College Park, Georgia? This frightening experience likely left you with a range of serious consequences in the form of painful – and painfully expensive – injuries. You might not know how you’ll pay to treat them, especially if you’re out of work and money is tight. But you don’t have to find the answer alone, because Kaufman Law, P.C. is here to help.
Our College Park, Georgia, car accident lawyers know you’re facing a lot of uncertainty right now. We’re a client-centered, results-driven law firm that can ease your burdens by pursuing financial compensation on your behalf, handling all the hard work of your claim while you focus on healing. What’s more, we’ll do it without charging you any upfront fees, instead deferring payment unless and until we put money back in your bank account.
Ready to demand justice for what you suffered? Then get started today by calling our law firm or contacting us online for a free case review with a car crash lawyer.
Car Accidents in College Park, Georgia: Important Information
The Georgia Department of Public Health lists motor vehicle accidents as the second leading reason people visit the ER or are hospitalized in the state. Their research also indicates that Georgia was the state with the fourth-greatest number of traffic fatalities in 2020, despite ranking eighth in population.
Most of College Park is in Fulton County, GA. Per the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, approximately 998 auto collisions resulting in suspected serious injury occurred in Fulton County in 2021.
Parts of College also extend into neighboring Clayton County. Per the above data source, there were 316 accidents resulting in suspected serious injury in Clayton County that same year.
College Park is very close to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, which may contribute to the area’s high accident rate. People are often rushing and disoriented trying to make their flights, and it’s not uncommon for out-of-towners unfamiliar with their surroundings to be on the road. Lack of familiarity with one’s surroundings may contribute to their chances of causing a motor vehicle wreck.
If you’ve been hurt in this busy part of the Atlanta metro area, a car wreck lawyer in College Park is a vital ally in pursuing the compensation you deserve.
How Georgia’s At-Fault Law Affects a College Park, GA Car Accident Case
Georgia is an at-fault car accident state when it comes to insurance claims. The at-fault system allows injured motorists to file claims for compensation against the liability policies of at-fault parties. However, before you can claim compensation, you will need to identify exactly who was at fault for injuring you and how.
Identifying the liable party requires gathering evidence and conducting an investigation. At Kaufman Law, PLLC, our car accident law firm has the resources and skills to investigate a collision on your behalf.
Compensation Available After an Auto Accident in College Park, Georgia
An auto accident attorney can pursue two principal types of compensation for you through your car accident claim:
- Economic damages, which account for your medical bills, lost wages, and other such losses with absolute dollar values
- Non-economic, which include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other losses that don’t have exact dollar values
The money you pursue through your claim shouldn’t just cover the harm you’ve already suffered – it should account for the long-term consequences of your injuries, too. For example, if you’ve developed a chronic condition as a result of the accident, your medical treatment might continue indefinitely. A car accident injury lawyer could help estimate the potential cost of future medical care if so.
What to Do After a Car Crash in College Park, GA
Taking the following steps in the days and weeks after a Georgia motor vehicle accident may improve your chances of recovering full and fair compensation:
- See a doctor as soon as possible, even if you don’t think you’ve been seriously hurt
- Stay off social media and avoid discussing your case with anyone other than a lawyer
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Request a copy of the police report
- Save copies of your medical bills and other documentation of your losses
Finally, get in touch with a Georgia car crash attorney instead of working directly with an insurance company. The insurer of the negligent party who caused your wreck may pretend to be on your side, but you shouldn’t trust them. Their goal is to protect themselves financially by settling your case for as little money as possible. Protect yourself by seeking representation from a Georgia personal injury lawyer who can fight back against their tactics and demand the full and fair compensation you deserve.
How Can a Georgia Car Accident Injury Attorney Help You?
A Georgia car accident attorney can help you seek compensation by:
- Reviewing your case to determine if filing a claim is an option
- Reviewing police reports, photos, videos, and other potentially useful evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Gathering documentation of your medical expenses, loss of income, etc.
- Filling out and submitting your claim paperwork
- Speaking with an insurance adjuster on your behalf
- Negotiating for a fair settlement if an insurance adjuster tries to lowball you
- Filing a lawsuit to seek damages in court if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement
A Georgia motor vehicle accident lawyer can also help your family in the tragic event that you’ve lost a loved one because of another driver’s negligence. This specific type of case is handled by Georgia wrongful death attorneys, and those who work at our firm can advise you on your options during this difficult time.
What if I Was Driving for Work in College Park, GA?
If you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident while you were on the job, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. One of the advantages of filing a workers’ comp claim is that you don’t have to prove your wreck resulted from someone else’s negligence. You may be eligible for workers’ comp even if you were to blame for it, so long it was truly work-related.
However, workers’ comp benefits in Georgia only cover your medical needs, a portion of your lost income, and long-term disabilities. They don’t cover non-economic losses like pain and suffering and diminished quality of life.
You might be able to recover compensation for those losses by filing a separate third-party claim against an at-fault driver with the help of a Georgia personal injury attorney. You can do so in addition to your workers’ comp claim. This may be an option if you have evidence showing a negligent party who isn’t your employer caused your wreck. Speak with a Georgia motor vehicle accident lawyer for more information about this option.
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim After a Motor Vehicle Accident in College Park, Georgia?
Schedule a meeting with a motor vehicle accident attorney sooner rather than later if you believe you may have grounds to file a claim. Georgia’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims gives you just two years from the date of your accident to take legal action. If you don’t file a claim or lawsuit by the deadline, you may forfeit your right to compensation. Wrongful death cases have the same two-year deadline.
Don’t risk missing out on your chance to recover compensation and justice. Get in touch with a wrongful death lawyer now so they may begin working on your case.
Speak with a College Park, Georgia, Car Accident Attorney
A car crash can upend your life in a split second. If someone else caused the accident, they should have to compensate you for it – but without a client-centered, results-driven law team on your side, getting that compensation is another story altogether.
At Kaufman Law, P.C., we’ve provided dedicated representation to clients like you for more than 45 years. Learn more about what our Georgia auto accident lawyers can do for you by calling our College Park-area car accident law office or contacting us online for a free case review.
College Park Car Accident
- College Park Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Sandy Springs GA
- Car Accident Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- McDonough GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Gainesville
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- Personal Injury Lawyer Sandy Springs GA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Villa Rica, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrenceville, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in McDonough, Georgia
- McDonough, Georgia, Personal Injury Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Gainesville, Ga
- Douglasville Car Accident
- Dawsonville Car Accident
- Covington Car Accident
- Douglasville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Car Accident
- Cartersville Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Athens Car Accident Lawyers
- Villa-Rica Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
- Sandy-Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverdale GA Injury Attorney
- McDonough Personal Injury Attorney
- Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney
- Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dunwoody Personal Injury Attorney
- Gainesville GA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer
- Marietta Personal Injury Attorney
- Johns-Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
- Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cumming Personal Injury Attorney
- Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer
- College-Park Personal Injury Attorney
- Cartersville GA Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Lawyer
- Acworth Personal Injury Attorney
- Athens Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Roswell Car Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Roswell Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer