Hurt in a car crash caused by another driver? Then you deserve to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. Hiring a seasoned McDonough GA car accident lawyer can increase your chances of obtaining the financial relief and justice you deserve from the careless or reckless driver who injured you.
Contact Kaufman Law for a free initial case review with a McDonough GA personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options for pursuing compensation and accountability in a car accident claim. We will use our experience, knowledge, and resources to advocate for your rights and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
Why Choose a Car Accident Lawyer in McDonough from Kaufman Law?
When you’ve gotten into a car accident in McDonough, you need experienced McDonough GA legal representation to help maximize your financial recovery. Choosing the right McDonough GA auto accident attorney can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
For over 45 years, injured accident victims have turned to our injury law firm serving McDonough because:
- Our attorneys have a century-plus of legal experience, giving us the knowledge and insight to handle even the most complex injury claims.
- We handle all the details of your legal claim, freeing you to devote your time and energy to recovering from your injuries.
- Our team treats everyone who comes to our firm with the utmost care and respect, giving every case our total effort and determination and providing our clients with the guidance and compassion they need to get their lives back on track after devastating accidents.
- We have a proven track record of success, reflected in the millions of dollars in recovery we obtain for our clients and the hundreds of positive reviews our firm has received.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in McDonough
The type of crash or collision you get into can influence the injuries you sustain and help determine who may bear fault for the accident. Our McDonough GA law firm advocates on behalf of victims of accidents such as:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact/T-bone collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Parking lot/garage accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Single-vehicle crashes
- Multi-vehicle/pile-up accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
- Rideshare accidents
Many car accidents in North Georgia occur because of negligent or reckless motorists. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents include:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating/following too closely
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy/fatigued driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Illegal or unsafe turns/lane changes
- Failing to signal or check mirrors before turning or changing lanes
- Running red lights/stop signs
- Backing up without looking behind
- Driver inexperience
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Car design/manufacturing defects
Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Depending on the severity of a car crash, a car accident victim can suffer various injuries. Some of the most common examples of trauma that can occur in a car wreck include:
- Abrasions/road rash
- Degloving injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Muscle or tendon strains/tears
- Internal organ injuries or internal bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Herniated spinal discs
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic amputation/limb loss
What Steps Should You Take After a Car Accident?
After a car accident in McDonough, you can take steps to put yourself in a better position to pursue financial recovery from the negligent driver who hit you. Things to do after a car crash include:
- Follow your doctor’s treatment recommendations and recovery instructions. Remember to obtain copies of medical records from your injury treatment and rehabilitation.
- Request a copy of the police crash report if an officer responded to the accident scene and wrote a report.
- Notify your car insurance company about the accident and confirm what coverage you may have in your policy for the accident. Do not begin your claim or discuss your injuries with the adjuster until after you’ve discussed your situation with an attorney.
- Keep copies of all bills, invoices, and receipts of expenses you incur due to the accident, such as medical treatment or vehicle repairs.
- Gather your pay stubs or income statements to determine your lost wages when you need to take time off work while recovering from your injuries or experience a reduction in your earning capacity due to your injuries.
Finally, contact Kaufman Law to speak with a personal injury attorney in McDonough or a McDonough GA motorcycle accident lawyer about your legal options for seeking compensation and justice for your injuries and losses.
What Compensation Can You Recover After a Car Accident?
In a car accident claim, you may have the right to obtain financial recovery for ongoing and future losses or expenses you incur due to injuries or property damage from an accident. A Henry County personal injury attorney can pursue money on your behalf for:
- Costs of car repairs or reimbursement for the value of your totaled vehicle
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation, including emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, prescriptions/pain management care, and physical/occupational therapy
- Long-term disability care or support services, including home health care, housekeeping, or childcare assistance
- Lost wages/income from missed work or reduced earnings in a part-time or light-duty role
- Lost future earning potential and employment benefits after becoming permanently disabled from your job or other kinds of work
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life caused by disabilities or permanent scarring/disfigurement
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in McDonough?
Under Georgia’s statute of limitations for injury claims, you typically have two years to file a lawsuit after getting hurt in a car accident. However, you can protect your rights by working with an auto accident attorney near McDonough from Kaufman Law as soon as possible after a car crash to ensure you can file your claims on time. If you file a lawsuit after the deadline, the trial court can dismiss your case, and you may lose the opportunity to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
However, if you have a car accident claim against the state or county government, Georgia’s Tort Claims Act requires you to provide the government with written notice of your claims within 12 months of the crash. City vehicles are subject to a six-month deadline, while the Federal Tort Claims Act’s two-year statute of limitations applies to federal vehicles. Failing to send timely notice to the government can result in the waiver of your claim.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer in McDonough Help with Your Case
After a car crash, you deserve to focus on your physical and emotional recovery. A car accident lawyer in McDonough or a motorcycle accident lawyer in McDonough with Kaufman Law can handle all the details of your car accident case, including:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident and securing evidence like police crash reports, accident scene photos, surveillance/traffic camera footage, and eyewitness testimony
- Working with accident reconstruction, medical, vocational, and financial experts as necessary to build a compelling case in support of your right to compensation
- Documenting your ongoing and future anticipated expenses to pursue maximum financial recovery for you
- Dealing with insurance adjusters and defense attorneys to take the stress of your case off your shoulders
- Vigorously pursuing the financial relief you deserve, even if that means taking your claims to court and trial
Contact Kaufman Law to Get Help from a McDonough GA Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident, get the legal help you need to demand a full financial recovery from the insurance company and at-fault driver. Contact Kaufman Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how a North Georgia car accident attorney with our McDonough GA injury law firm can pursue compensation for your car repairs, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.