Kaufman Secures $975,035 Settlement for Client in Lyft Car Wreck Case
Last August, our client suffered catastrophic, permanent injuries in a high-speed, head-on car wreck. Our client was a passenger in a Lyft when the driver of a Chevy Tahoe turned left in front of them. Our client was immediately rushed to the hospital, where she spent the next 53 days. Because of her injuries, she was unable to eat or drink anything for three weeks and had to be fed through a tube. She is now facing significant, long-term changes in how she must live her life.
In an astounding victory for our injured client, Attorney Michael Kaufman secured a $975,035 underinsured motorist settlement — maxing out Lyft’s insurance policy limit.
From the moment they contacted us, Attorney Michael G. Kaufman was relentless in pursuit of justice for our client. We carefully reviewed the facts of the case and determined through an accident reconstruction that the vehicle in which our client was traveling experienced extreme forces inside the vehicle, which acted on her body. The expert reconstruction indicated that the defendant was turning left at a dangerously high speed.
These findings corroborated the eyewitness testimony and physical evidence that informed the initial police report. Ultimately, we agreed with the police report: The defendant was at fault.
In his settlement demand, Attorney Kaufman outlined his intention to hold the defendant responsible for past and future medical bills, pain and suffering, and changes to our client’s life caused by the collision. Given the severity of the injuries sustained and the overwhelming evidence proving the negligence of the defendant, Kaufman demanded that Progressive Insurance Company settle for their maximum policy limit.
We are proud to announce that Progressive accepted Kaufman’s settlement demand for the maximum policy limit of $975,035.00, but the fight is not over. We are still pursuing claims against the at-fault driver and their insurance company, but this victory will go a long way toward helping our client rebuild her life after this devastating collision.
- Can You Sue for Pain and Suffering in Georgia?
- Understanding the Legal Process: What to Do If Another Driver Sues You for a Car Accident in Georgia
- The Clock is Ticking: Time Limits for Filing a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Georgia
- Can I Seek Legal Recourse for a Dog Bite Injury in Georgia?
- Loss of Earning Capacity is Not the Same as Loss of Income
- What To Do If Your Doctor Prescribes The Wrong Medication
- Kaufman Secures $975,035 Settlement for Client in Lyft Car Wreck Case
- Staying Safe as a Car Passenger
- Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Accident
- Attorney Kenneth Raley Secures $3.25
Million Settlement for Trucking Case