One minute, you are doing your job, something you do nearly every day, and the next minute, you have suffered a long-altering injury. What do you do next? Reaching out to an experienced Cartersville workers’ compensation attorney is the next best step after getting hurt on the job.
The attorneys at Kaufman Law have 45 years of experience getting our clients the results they deserve after a workplace accident. We want to help you, too. Contact our office today to learn more about your legal options and schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation with one of our experienced Cartersville workers’ compensation lawyers.
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance carried by employers for employees. This insurance covers an injured or ill employee and provides wage replacement or cash benefits and the cost of medical care required to treat a workplace injury. Workers’ compensation insurance provides no-fault coverage, but employees typically cannot sue their employer.Workers’ compensation is governed by state law.
What Causes Workplace Accidents?
Workplace accidents, like other accidents, are usually caused by negligence. There are various causes of workplace accidents, and injuries can happen in any working environment. There are no completely safe jobs where no one gets hurt. Even if you think you have a “safe” job that involves sitting and typing, you can still suffer a workplace injury. There are some more obviously dangerous jobs, like construction and other industrial jobs. Despite your industry, you should be aware of some of the common causes of workplace injuries.
A few more specific reasons that workplace accidents happen include the following:
- Poor supervision
- Lack of proper training
- High levels of stress
- Unsafe conditions
- Failure to provide safety equipment
- Hazardous materials
Common Workplace Injuries
Depending on the type of work you do, there are some common injuries employees in your industry may suffer if they are hurt while working. Whether you are on a construction site or working out of an office, injuries can and do happen. Some of the most common workplace injuries include the following.
Most broken bones are caused by the trauma of a sudden impact. Workplaces are filled with potential hazards that can cause you to break a bone. Whether you trip on a raised carpet on the way to the copier or break your leg while operating a company vehicle, workers’ compensation benefits are there to help you get better.
Broken bones can take several weeks to completely heal. If you break a bone, that can mean weeks away from work without pay. In that case, filing a workers’ compensation claim may be the best next step for you.
A traumatic brain injury (TBI)is aserious head injury that can leave you permanently disabled. TBIs are caused by blunt force trauma or a severe and sudden blow to the head. You may be suffering from a traumatic brain injury if you experience blurry vision, confusion, trouble concentrating, or a severe headache. Recovery from a TBI depends on many factors, including your age. Most victims take several months to recover from a TBI, but if you are over the age of 40, it could take significantly longer for you to heal from this head injury.
Spinal cord injuries (SCI) can affect your entire body. SCIhappens when the victim suffers a sudden and severe blow to the back. Perhaps you were in a car accident while making a delivery as a part of your job. The impact can leave you with a spinal cord injury.
SCI injuries cause damage to the spine or the nerves at the end of the spinal cord. Spinal cord injuries can leave you with permanent damage to your spine and loss of spinal function, strength, and sensation. You may face a long road to recovery after impact. Many people who suffer from spinal cord injuries may require surgery or long-term rehabilitation to fully recover.
Work-related illnesses are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. These injuries can include many health issues that arise or are triggered by the workplace or the working environment. Work-related illness can include physical sickness, mental stress, and exacerbation of chronic health conditions.
Repetitive Strain Injuries
Repetitive strain injuries can happen if you engage in the same motion again and again for months or years. For example, typing, driving, or hammering can lead to a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome and cause you a great deal of pain.
Catastrophic injuries may be the most shocking workplace injuries. They are called catastrophic because these injuries greatly affect your way of life. Amputation of one of your limbs is an example of a catastrophic injury.Catastrophic injuries can affect various parts of the body and cause permanent disability.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer for a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
If you have been injured, you need legal representation. You may think that hiring an attorney is not worth the time because workers’ compensation provided benefits regardless of fault. As a victim, you should keep in mind that insurance companies do not want to pay you for your injuries, and an attorney can help you tackle these issues you may face after filing a claim:
- Insurers are trying to protect their bottom line
- An attorney helps you minimize the chances of denial
- Your attorney will help you appeal your denial if necessary
- A lawyer will help you get the settlement you deserve
Starting a legal claim can be intimidating, especially when you are trying to recover from an injury. However, having an attorney working on your behalf can help you focus on your physical and mental recovery while they focus on the legal side of the matter.
In Some Cases, You Can File a Personal Injury Claim for Workplace Injuries
Typically, filing a workers’ compensation claim prevents you from filing a personal injury lawsuit. However, there are some circumstances when an injured employee can file a personal injury claim against a third party who may share responsibility for causing the accident. For example, if a part manufacturer produced a faulty part on a work truck and the malfunction caused your injuries, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the third-party manufacturer.
Pursuing a third-party personal injury claim may be advantageous because the law allows you to recover non-economic damages. Non-economic damages include intangible losses like pain and suffering.
Call a Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
A workplace injury has the potential to change your way of life. After getting hurt at work, you may be left with a serious injury, a permanent disability, and many lost hours at work. You may find yourself needing medical care and wage benefits but don’t know where to start. An attorney can help you navigate your way through the system and get you the best results available.
The legal team at Kaufman Law has 45 years of experience helping injured workers get the compensation they need to put their lives back on track after a workplace injury. There is no reason to go up against an intimidating insurance company alone.
Contact our office today to schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation with one of our talented Cartersville workers’ compensation attorneys. We look forward to working with you.
Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Cartersville Car Accident
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Sandy Springs GA
- Car Accident Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- McDonough GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Gainesville
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- Personal Injury Lawyer Sandy Springs GA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Villa Rica, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrenceville, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in McDonough, Georgia
- McDonough, Georgia, Personal Injury Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Gainesville, Ga
- Douglasville Car Accident
- Dawsonville Car Accident
- Covington Car Accident
- Douglasville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Car Accident
- Cartersville Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- College Park Car Accident
- Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Athens Car Accident Lawyers
- Villa-Rica Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
- Sandy-Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverdale GA Injury Attorney
- McDonough Personal Injury Attorney
- Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney
- Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dunwoody Personal Injury Attorney
- Gainesville GA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer
- Marietta Personal Injury Attorney
- Johns-Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
- Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cumming Personal Injury Attorney
- Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer
- College-Park Personal Injury Attorney
- Cartersville GA Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Lawyer
- Acworth Personal Injury Attorney
- Athens Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Roswell Car Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Roswell Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer