Six Ways to Prevent Prom Night Car Accidents
Prom is such an exciting night for high school students that they will remember for the rest of their life, however, a car accident could ruin those memories. Here are a few easy ways to prevent prom night accidents:
- Don’t Drink & Drive
Alcohol-related crashes are the leading cause of death for young people age 15 to 21.
- Buckle Up
You may have to move your corsage, but buckling your seat belt is the best way to prevent injury if you are in an accident. A passenger that isn’t buckled up has an increased risk of injury in an Atlanta car wreck.
- Turn Down The Music
Music is one of the most distracting components for any driver, but especially a teen driver. Turn the music down, so the driver can focus on the road. After all, there will be plenty of music at the dance.
- Limit The Number Of Passengers In Your Car
If your vehicle has five seat belts, then limit yourself to four passengers. Too many passengers can make it difficult to keep your eyes on the road and create many more distractions for you.
- Leave Plenty Of Time To Reach Your Destination
Planning ahead will keep you from having to rush to prom. Make early dinner reservations so that you have time to enjoy a meal before heading to the dance.
- Hire A Driver
Consider renting a limo or hiring another driver. Another driver can focus on the road while you and your friends take pictures and enjoy the time on the way to dinner and to the dance. If a limo is out of your price range, consider hiring a family member or adult friend to drive you.
Sometimes accidents can’t be avoided, but it’s important to take these safety tips to help prevent them. If your teen and their friends are involved in a prom night accident, contact our team at Kaufman Law to discuss your case.
- Staying Safe as a Car Passenger
- Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Accident
- Attorney Kenneth Raley Secures $3.25
Million Settlement for Trucking Case
- The Super Lawyers of Kaufman Law, P.C.
- Georgia Workplace Injury Laws: What is Considered Catastrophic?
- (no title)
- How You Can Avoid a Dog Bite This Holiday Season
- Dressing to Stay Warm and Sade on Your Motorcycle This Winter
- What Is a Class Action Lawsuit?
- What Happens When You Get Your First Speeding Ticket?