Have you been hurt in a car accident in Covington, Georgia? Although physical injuries may be top of mind right now, you may soon find yourself having to overcome numerous financial and emotional hurdles in the form of medical bills, lost income, and day-to-day expenses. The person who caused the accident might owe you compensation for what you suffered, but how do you get their insurance provider to pay up?
Don’t get overwhelmed. Instead, turn to a personal injury attorney with Kaufman, Law, P.C.. With over 45 years of legal experience behind us, our team has the skills and resources to seek maximum compensation for the injuries someone else caused you. We’re ready to go head-to-head with aggressive insurance companies and negotiate on your behalf, and we aren’t afraid to take them to court if they won’t play fair.
Ready to demand justice? Then contact us today for a free consultation with a Covington car accident lawyer, and let us get started on your case immediately.
Causes of Car Accidents in the Covington Area
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, as of 2020, Georgia motor vehicle accidents were the state’s second leading cause of deaths and hospitalizations. Many of these car accidents result from driver error and careless behavior behind the wheel. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in the Covington area include:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driver inexperience
Holding careless drivers or other at-fault parties accountable for their actions can be challenging when you are seriously injured. You need help filing a solid claim and negotiating for maximum compensation. That’s where a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can help. At Kaufman, Law, P.C., we take the burden of filing an insurance claim off your shoulders. You can focus on your recovery while our automobile accident law firm handles your case with the utmost care and respect.
Common Injuries Associated with Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause a wide range of devastating physical and emotional injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Other neck and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal injuries
- Organ damage
Never take your health for granted. Always seek prompt medical attention following an accident. The signs of some significant medical conditions, such as concussion and whiplash, can take hours or days to manifest. Immediate medical care can improve your overall prognosis and strengthen your compensation claim. Just as important is following your doctor’s treatment plan to the letter. Doing so will help you recover and also demonstrate to insurers that you’re doing what you can to heal.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
Juggling medical appointments, a car accident claim, and daily life is challenging. Fortunately, you don’t have to do it all alone. At Kaufman Law, P.C., our experienced team has the skills and resources to navigate even the most challenging cases, including those that involve:
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- DUI/DWI accidents
- T-bone collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Rollover crashes
- Single vehicle crashes
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Truck accidents
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident with a careless driver, you need help only an experienced Covington car accident lawyer can provide. At Kaufman Law, P.C., we will take the time to carefully review your situation and outline your legal options for recovering maximum compensation for your injuries.
Compensation for Covington Car Accidents
The value of your car accident claim depends on numerous factors, including the severity of your injuries, the cause of the accident, and how much insurance coverage is available. At Kaufman Law, P.C., we will thoroughly review the specifics of your situation and calculate the fair and accurate value of your claim based on your financial losses and the underlying facts of your case.
Every car accident claim is unique. Although the value of each claim we handle varies, in most cases, accident victims can pursue compensation for the following losses:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Lost quality of life
In the aftermath of an accident, there’s a good chance that the other driver’s insurance provider will approach you with a settlement offer. Accepting this initial offer is unlikely to be in your best interest. Insurers want to settle accident cases quickly and cheaply for efficiency and profit. Accepting an offer while in a vulnerable mental and financial position can mean losing out on valuable compensation for your financial losses. Before you accept anything from an insurance company, talk to an experienced car accident attorney first and find out what your claim is worth.
Steps to Take Following a Covington Car Accident
Filing a claim against an at-fault driver should be simple. However, your actions in the days and weeks following a car accident can impact the strength of your claim. What do you need to know before filing an insurance claim? What can you do to build a solid case demonstrating you deserve maximum compensation for your injuries? Consider these steps after an accident to protect yourself and improve the viability of your claim:
- Contact the authorities – Call local law enforcement immediately. They can help manage the chaotic scene of a car accident, and the subsequent police report may support your case.
- Document the scene if possible – Exchange information with the other driver and document the accident scene as thoroughly as possible. Take photographs and videos of the scene and the damage to both cars from multiple angles.
- Talk to witnesses – Ask witnesses on the scene for their contact information and a brief description of what they saw.
- Seek medical attention – Get medical attention for your injuries immediately after leaving the scene. Some injuries go unnoticed in the rush of adrenaline but can become life-threatening if not treated quickly.
- Contact an attorney – Talk to an attorney as soon as possible for help filing a compensation claim.
- Follow all medical advice – Medical documentation can be vital evidence in a car accident claim. Always stick to your doctor’s treatment plan, take medication as prescribed, and keep all follow-up medical appointments.
- Keep a paper trail – Maintain a paper trail after the accident and keep all medical bills, repair receipts, pay stubs, and out-of-pocket expenses related to the car accident.
- Stay off social media – Now is the best time to take a social media break. Avoid posting on social platforms until your attorney resolves your claim.
Why You Need an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
Can you trust the other driver’s insurance company to give you the money you need after a car crash in Covington? Unfortunately, some insurance companies prey on the vulnerability of accident victims, convincing them to accept lowball settlements that may not cover all their medical expenses and financial losses. Having an attorney on your side increases your chances of recovering the money you deserve.
An attorney can advocate for you and build a compelling case for maximum compensation based on the evidence they recover during their investigation. At Kaufman Law, P.C., we thoroughly review the specifics of your case and immediately begin work collecting and preserving valuable evidence. We can accurately evaluate the value of your claim and negotiate on your behalf for the money you need. When an insurer refuses to negotiate in good faith, we are ready to take them to court.
Contact a Convington Car Accident Attorney Today
The legal team at Kaufman Law, P.C. has built a solid reputation based on relentless legal representation for the clients we serve. Contact us today for a free consultation. Let us help you get the money you need.
Covington ar Accident
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Car Accident
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Sandy Springs GA
- Car Accident Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- McDonough GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Gainesville
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- Personal Injury Lawyer Sandy Springs GA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Villa Rica, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrenceville, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in McDonough, Georgia
- McDonough, Georgia, Personal Injury Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Gainesville, Ga
- Douglasville Car Accident
- Dawsonville Car Accident
- Douglasville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Car Accident
- Cartersville Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- College Park Car Accident
- Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Athens Car Accident Lawyers
- Villa-Rica Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
- Sandy-Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverdale GA Injury Attorney
- McDonough Personal Injury Attorney
- Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney
- Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dunwoody Personal Injury Attorney
- Gainesville GA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer
- Marietta Personal Injury Attorney
- Johns-Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
- Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cumming Personal Injury Attorney
- Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer
- College-Park Personal Injury Attorney
- Cartersville GA Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Lawyer
- Acworth Personal Injury Attorney
- Athens Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Roswell Car Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Roswell Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer