A car wreck can have devastating consequences. Not only can a car accident injure you physically, it can leave you financially unstable, making it difficult to make ends meet during your recovery. According to data from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, nearly 1,800 people died in one recent year on Georgia roadways, while others are coping with debilitating injuries caused by careless drivers.
At Kaufman Law, P.C., we know the tremendous impact a motor vehicle accident can have on a person’s physical, emotional, and financial health. Our personal injury law firm is committed to helping individuals like you injured in motor vehicle accidents recover the compensation they deserve for their financial and personal losses. For over 45 years, we’ve represented car accident victims and families in Dawsonville, Georgia. We can do the same for you.
Did a careless motorist injure you in a Dawsonville crash? Contact Kaufman Law, P.C., today to discuss your situation and learn more about your legal options for pursuing maximum compensation. Our law firm can provide you with the legal representation you need and the compassionate support you deserve.
Do You Need a Dawsonville Car Accident Lawyer?
Filing a car accident claim should be simple, allowing you to focus on healing from your injuries. Yet, navigating the insurance claims process is often overwhelming and complicated. Although an insurance adjuster may seem friendly, remember they aren’t on your side. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses that must move through car accident claims efficiently, offering low payouts and settling quickly to save time and money. Therefore, you need an advocate to protect your rights or help you seek the money you need for all your accident-related expenses.
Do you need a Dawsonville auto accident lawyer after an accident? The short answer is yes. An attorney works for you, meaning they keep your best interests in mind. At Kaufman Law, P.C., a car wreck lawyer will carefully review your situation, gather and preserve vital evidence, manage communication between you and the insurer, and tenaciously negotiate for maximum compensation. We do the leg work while you have the time and space to recover fully.
What happens when an insurance company doesn’t offer you the money you need or won’t negotiate in good faith? Our experienced litigators can move from the negotiating table to the courtroom, preparing a personal injury lawsuit for trial when it presents the best opportunity for recovering the compensation you need.
What Causes Most Dawsonville Car Accidents?
The primary cause of motor vehicle crashes in the United States and Dawsonville is driver error. Drivers owe everyone on the road a duty of care. When motorists fail to pay attention to their surroundings or drive recklessly, they risk their safety and that of everyone else on the road. Some of the most common causes of Dawsonville car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Impaired driving
- Driver inexperience
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Failure to yield
- Unsafe lane changes
- Aggressive driving behaviors
Although not as common as driver error, mechanical defects and faulty car parts can also lead to a motor vehicle accident. In these cases, a parts designer, manufacturer, or retailer may be liable for injuries and damage caused by a collision.
No matter the cause of an accident, you need an experienced personal injury attorney to investigate the crash, determine who is liable, and hold at-fault parties accountable for their actions.
Injuries Associated with Dawsonville Car Accidents
Car accidents are often violent events that can cause significant physical injuries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lists motor vehicle accidents as one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries in the United States. Some of the most common injuries associated with car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Other neck and spine injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Car collisions can leave an individual with long-lasting medical complications, scarring, and extensive medical expenses. The physical and financial toll of these injuries can also lead to life-altering mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). A
At Kaufman Law, P.C., we understand that a car accident impacts almost every aspect of a person’s life. To help you get the fair compensation you deserve for your financial losses, speak with a Dawsonville, GA, car accident lawyer.
Compensation Available After a Dawsonville Car Accident
Car accidents can lead to significant financial instability for victims. Medical expenses, vehicle repairs, and daily living expenses add up, while a person’s income takes a nosedive because they can’t work. The complicated financial situation many car accident victims face following a crash can put them at a disadvantage when negotiating with an insurer. Insurance adjusters may exploit their financial vulnerability, pressuring them to accept a low initial settlement for quick cash to cover a victim’s most immediate bills. Often, accident victims realize too late that the settlement offer doesn’t come close to covering their losses.
Understanding your rights and the accurate value of your claim goes a long way when negotiating with an insurance adjuster. A motor vehicle accident lawyer at Kaufman Law, P.C., will take the time to review your situation thoroughly to calculate the value of your claim. While the value of each car accident claim varies depending on several factors, in many cases, victims can pursue money for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Emotional suffering
- Pain and suffering
An initial offer is not a final offer. Before you accept anything from an insurance company, discuss the specifics of your claim with a knowledgeable car injury attorney. A law firm with extensive experience handling car accident claims can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Georgia Statute of Limitations on Car Accident Cases
Sometimes, a personal injury lawsuit is the best option for recovering the compensation an injury victim needs, especially when an insurer refuses to negotiate in good faith. Georgia law gives accident victims two years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault driver or insurance company.
Although immediately filing a personal injury lawsuit may not suit your current situation, working with a seasoned car accident lawyer from day one is vital. An experienced car crash attorney understands how to manage strict legal deadlines. When it becomes apparent negotiations are not working, an attorney can swiftly move to prepare a court case before the statute of limitations expires. If you miss filing a personal injury lawsuit before the legal deadline, your case faces dismissal. You may lose leverage with the insurers and fail to recover the compensation you deserve.
Our Dawsonville Car Accident Lawyers Want to Help
Do you need a law firm to represent you following a Dawsonville car accident? At auto accident attorney at Kaufman Law, P.C., can provide you with personalized service and effective advocacy. Our renowned legal team has the skills and experience to help you navigate this challenging time and pursue the money you deserve.
Find out what sets our law firm apart. Contact our office today to arrange a free legal consultation to learn more about our legal services. We’re here to help.
Dawsonville Car Accident
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Car Accident
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Sandy Springs GA
- Car Accident Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- McDonough GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Gainesville
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer Villa Rica GA
- Personal Injury Lawyer Sandy Springs GA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Villa Rica, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrenceville, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in McDonough, Georgia
- McDonough, Georgia, Personal Injury Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Car Accident Attorney Gainesville, Ga
- Douglasville Car Accident
- Covington Car Accident
- Douglasville Workers’ Compensation
- Dawsonville Workers’ Compensation
- Covington Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Workers’ Compensation
- Conyers Car Accident
- Cartersville Car Accident
- College Park Workers’ Compensation
- College Park Car Accident
- Cartersville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Johns Creek Car Accident Attorney
- Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Acworth Car Accident Lawyers
- Marietta Car Accident Lawyers
- Athens Car Accident Lawyers
- Villa-Rica Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
- Sandy-Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverdale GA Injury Attorney
- McDonough Personal Injury Attorney
- Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney
- Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dunwoody Personal Injury Attorney
- Gainesville GA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer
- Marietta Personal Injury Attorney
- Johns-Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
- Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Alpharetta Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cumming Personal Injury Attorney
- Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer
- College-Park Personal Injury Attorney
- Cartersville GA Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Brain Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Lawyer
- Acworth Personal Injury Attorney
- Athens Personal Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Burn Injury Lawyer
- Johns Creek Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Bus Injuries Attorney
- Roswell Car Accident Attorney
- Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Alpharetta Daycare Injuries Lawyer
- Denied Workers Compensation Benefits in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Dog Bites Attorney
- Alpharetta Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
- Alpharetta Electrocutions Attorney
- Alpharetta Child Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Marietta Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Alpharetta Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Roswell Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Product Liability Lawyer
- Alpharetta Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer
- Alpharetta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Alpharetta Wrongful Death Lawyer